Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

McMinn Central beat Alcoa by 22 York beat Central by 15, but not sure if everyone played.  Just a couple years ago Meigs had 5 seniors starters that all signed to play at the next level and they barely got by a young York team in sub state. I think I would give the edge to York in the East but 2A is loaded this year.

AA is loaded to the gills. There is going to be several great teams left out. 

3 hours ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

York is a very good team, but there's a 2 or 3 teams over here in the West that might differ. I'll take the field. 

Westview will be ranked number 1 deservingly when the polls come out because they are the defending champions and they are undefeated and are very very good. York is a very good team as well but all that stuff will work itself out at some point. The way I see it you have two of Scott’s Hill, Decatur County and maybe a Memphis Business Academy. You have two of Westview, Loretto, Summertown, Cheatham County, Gibson County and Huntingdon. You have two of York, Westmoreland, Community and East Nashville. You have two of Alcoa, Gatlinburg Pittman, McMinn Central, South Green and Meigs County that will make state. The Westview bracket and the Alcoa bracket will be playing a state tournament to get to a state tournament. York will have one of the easier brackets to get to state, IMO although they do play a really tough schedule. As we seen last year in Loretto and Summertown and McMinn Central. Three really good teams that could be Gold Ball good that didn’t make it especially Loretto. Same this year. There will be some really good teams that won’t make it. AA is really loaded.. 

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Westview will be ranked number 1 deservingly when the polls come out because they are the defending champions and they are undefeated and are very very good. York is a very good team as well but all that stuff will work itself out at some point. The way I see it you have two of Scott’s Hill, Decatur County and maybe a Memphis Business Academy. You have two of Westview, Loretto, Summertown, Cheatham County, Gibson County and Huntingdon. You have two of York, Westmoreland, Community and East Nashville. You have two of Alcoa, Gatlinburg Pittman, McMinn Central, South Green and Meigs County that will make state. The Westview bracket and the Alcoa bracket will be playing a state tournament to get to a state tournament. York will have one of the easier brackets to get to state, IMO although they do play a really tough schedule. As we seen last year in Loretto and Summertown and McMinn Central. Three really good teams that could be Gold Ball good that didn’t make it especially Loretto. Same this year. There will be some really good teams that won’t make it. AA is really loaded.. 

Good post, I don’t know much about the west but in the east, I think Central has the easiest path to sub state because region 2 is the weakest in the state in 2A. They are probably 20+ points better than anyone in that region. Meigs lost a lot of talent over the last couple years, so they are down some and they have a new coaching staff with very little experience and it shows at times, but I think they will make sub state because there’s very little competition in that region and they have the second best player in the region and they will go as far as she can take them.

I will say Meigs at Alcoa and GP at Central with Central and Alcoa moving on to the dance.

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

Good post, I don’t know much about the west but in the east, I think Central has the easiest path to sub state because region 2 is the weakest in the state in 2A. They are probably 20+ points better than anyone in that region. Meigs lost a lot of talent over the last couple years, so they are down some and they have a new coaching staff with very little experience and it shows at times, but I think they will make sub state because there’s very little competition in that region and they have the second best player in the region and they will go as far as she can take them.

I will say Meigs at Alcoa and GP at Central with Central and Alcoa moving on to the dance.

Yeah it looks like two of Alcoa, GP and South Green make it to sub-state. Seen where Alcoa beat Greenville and GP lost to Greenville. Very strong East side. GP is a very good team if they indeed don’t make it. Like I said somebody really good won’t be at state. Same in west. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah it looks like two of Alcoa, GP and South Green make it to sub-state. Seen where Alcoa beat Greenville and GP lost to Greenville. Very strong East side. GP is a very good team if they indeed don’t make it. Like I said somebody really good won’t be at state. Same in west. 

As long as we get some  of those strong Memphis teams in I’ll be satisfied 

3 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Westview vs York would be a great finals matchup. I’m always amazed how many really good girls basketball is in that small county. Between York and Clarkrange its hard to believe how many good players there are year in and year out. Pretty amazing

You was talking about the battles between District 7 and District 14  the other day. From Gibson County High School you can go a 25 mile radius in any direction and there has been 21 Gold Balls won and lots of Silver in the last 40 years.  I know in your area there have been tons with Clarkrange, Jackson County, LIvingston Academy, Pickett County, Upperman, Macon, York….etc…I am guessing and going to say 30 out of the schools I just mentioned. 

Edited by pioneer42
  • Upvote 1

On 12/24/2022 at 8:57 PM, pioneer42 said:

You was talking about the battles between District 7 and District 14  the other day. From Gibson County High School you can go a 25 mile radius in any direction and there has been 21 Gold Balls won and lots of Silver in the last 40 years.  I know in your area there have been tons with Clarkrange, Jackson County, LIvingston Academy, Pickett County, Upperman, Macon, York….etc…I am guessing and going to say 30 out of the schools I just mentioned. 

Yeah that sounds about right. So did I understand correctly that after this year your area will be playing the Memphis schools in the substate?