Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

14 minutes ago, ProudPioneer said:

Refs were terrible both ways. Excuses aren't a good look. Cantrell had a great game because she is a great player and took advantage of her opportunities. Don't belittle her performance with your excuses. 

Evyn is a great player and person. So proud of her. She finished great and really played outstanding. Another big thing about this game is Gibson County had very minimal Turnovers. I don’t remember a single Turnover in the second half. 

14 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Glad we didn’t get them - ours let them play a little rough but all in all they did good job ( surprisingly ) 

Watch the Summertown game and they were consistent anyway. That’s what’s always driven me crazy about some of our officials. Same play is a foul on one trip then not a foul on the next one. 

Great job by our Lady Mustangs last night in their win !  We lost our starting guard going into last nights game with Sycamore due to an undetermined problem with her legs.   Keep Libby Sanders in your prayers please.  She was playing a such a high clip defensively and offensively.   Round 4 with the Lady Eagles on Wednesday night.   I'm not sure how many times we've played them the last 5 years, but it's a bunch.

22 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Cantrell had a great game because the refs took our post out of the game in the 1st qt. Those drives would have never happened if Ms Kee had been on the court. I hate refs, some teams they take care of and we ain't one of them!

Respectfully disagree with that.  Kee is a great player but she can't guard every person on the floor.  Cantrell is good at making last second looks in the drive too. So if Kee would've picked her up, she would've gotten the ball to someone else last second. And from what I've seen their post #14 rarely leaves from under the goal or shoots from outside so she would've been there.  No secret that I'm not the biggest fan of wilkins either.  Just calling it how I see it. 

52 minutes ago, Opm91 said:

Respectfully disagree with that.  Kee is a great player but she can't guard every person on the floor.  Cantrell is good at making last second looks in the drive too. So if Kee would've picked her up, she would've gotten the ball to someone else last second. And from what I've seen their post #14 rarely leaves from under the goal or shoots from outside so she would've been there.  No secret that I'm not the biggest fan of wilkins either.  Just calling it how I see it. 

I think what I'm trying to say is a ref has the power to completely alter a game with some early tacky fouls. They shouldn't have that power. We need to go to 6 fouls or find some other way to penalize rather than taking a teams best player off the floor. There's nothing fair about it!

47 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

I think what I'm trying to say is a ref has the power to completely alter a game with some early tacky fouls. They shouldn't have that power. We need to go to 6 fouls or find some other way to penalize rather than taking a teams best player off the floor. There's nothing fair about it!

Or. How about this.  Don’t go over the back on every rebound.  I get sometimes a bad call happens. Happens quite a bit. But she was consistently going over the back on girls in position.  Tacky fouls wasn’t the case in this one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

You’re joking right?  6 fouls or another way to penalize?  Ridiculous. Fouls are part of the game and have been since its inception. That’s the most idiotic statement I’ve read in a long time. 

This is a really, really bad take here. I think you should go put on the stripes!! 6 fouls hahaha

• Like 1

She was not the best player on the floor any of the four meetings that I watched on the network. 

2 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

What you said was that Cantrell only had a great game cause Kee was WRONGFULLY taken out of the game. I understand you not liking that Kee was in foul trouble. I didn't like that #14 held Hart's jersey all night. But - you can be upset with calls (or lack of) against your team without taking away from the play of an opposing player. If you wanna talk about a player being taken out of the game, you might want to remember that one of our best was taken out by clear fouls not being called on her defender. Pull for your team without disrespecting the other. 

Edited by ProudPioneer
misspelled
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Or. How about this.  Don’t go over the back on every rebound.  I get sometimes a bad call happens. Happens quite a bit. But she was consistently going over the back on girls in position.  Tacky fouls wasn’t the case in this one. 

Just because a girl is in position and even has a good block out doesn’t mean a player fouls.  I see it all the time that refs call imaginary fouls on taller players without much contact.  I didn’t see the same thing you saw,  looked like they were two bad over the back calls.  Referees, please let the kids play and stop with all the touch fouls! Gibson County shot 3x as many free throws (I know some were at the end).  

1 hour ago, ProudPioneer said:

What you said was that Cantrell only had a great game cause Kee was WRONGFULLY taken out of the game. I understand you not liking that Kee was in foul trouble. I didn't like that #14 held Hart's jersey all night. But - you can be upset with calls (or lack of) against your team without taking away from the play of an opposing player. If you wanna talk about a player being taken out of the game, you might want to remember that one of our best was taken out by clear fouls not being called on her defender. Pull for your team without disrespecting the other. 

Please stop with the our player was getting fouled off the ball, you clearly don’t watch your post players on our center away from the ball.  And I am fine with that, let’s let the kids be a little physical.  35 to 15 on free throws shot in favor of Gibson County.  That’s says a lot and I know some were at the end, but wow have a little more consistency in refin.  I say that to say that one thing that impresses me about Gibson County is how hard they play and how physical they are.  With that being said y’all were not in the double bonus in either half.