Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

Please stop with the our player was getting fouled off the ball, you clearly don’t watch your post players on our center away from the ball.  And I am fine with that, let’s let the kids be a little physical.  35 to 15 on free throws shot in favor of Gibson County.  That’s says a lot and I know some were at the end, but wow have a little more consistency in refin.  I say that to say that one thing that impresses me about Gibson County is how hard they play and how physical they are.  With that being said y’all were not in the double bonus in either half.  

Hunt lost 4 times to GC this year and all 4 times they kept her off the glass! That was the difference! Wilkins game planned worked....4 times! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, westtnsportsfan said:

Hunt lost 4 times to GC this year and all 4 times they kept her off the glass! That was the difference! Wilkins game planned worked....4 times! 

Congrats to Gibson Co!  That was one of many differences in the four games but I will give that to you!  Fillies had every opportunity in all four but the experience of Gibson Co., In my opinion was the major difference.

3 hours ago, ProudPioneer said:

What you said was that Cantrell only had a great game cause Kee was WRONGFULLY taken out of the game. I understand you not liking that Kee was in foul trouble. I didn't like that #14 held Hart's jersey all night. But - you can be upset with calls (or lack of) against your team without taking away from the play of an opposing player. If you wanna talk about a player being taken out of the game, you might want to remember that one of our best was taken out by clear fouls not being called on her defender. Pull for your team without disrespecting the other. 

All I said was she wouldn't have driven the lane like she did if Kee had been in the game. Cantrell is a money player. Plays above her abilities, very high basketball IQ. With that being said GC gets by with more slapping and grabbing that any team in West Tennessee. Coach Wilkins is a master at working the refs. We have way to many refs that have never played the game. They know the rules but don't understand the game.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

All I said was she wouldn't have driven the lane like she did if Kee had been in the game. Cantrell is a money player. Plays above her abilities, very high basketball IQ. With that being said GC gets by with more slapping and grabbing that any team in West Tennessee. Coach Wilkins is a master at working the refs. We have way to many refs that have never played the game. They know the rules but don't understand the game.

I think you mean Huntingdon gets by with more slapping and grabbing than any team. The games I watched them, they ride players the whole way down the court and then have their hands all over players. Particularly the Hart girl from GC on Monday night.

3 hours ago, 1983 said:

Please stop with the our player was getting fouled off the ball, you clearly don’t watch your post players on our center away from the ball.  And I am fine with that, let’s let the kids be a little physical.  35 to 15 on free throws shot in favor of Gibson County.  That’s says a lot and I know some were at the end, but wow have a little more consistency in refin.  I say that to say that one thing that impresses me about Gibson County is how hard they play and how physical they are.  With that being said y’all were not in the double bonus in either half.  

Oh, I clearly watch. I personally hate hearing "over the back" by fans and didn't really think some of Kee's fouls were fouls. If a player is taller & gets a rebound over another, it shouldn't be a foul unless there was contact.

My problem was with crappygenius saying that the reason Cantrell had a good game was because the refs took Kee out of game with fouls. It sucks that the refs can affect a game, but Evyn is a great player & makes things happen. If you watched, then you also know that Hart was getting held. It's part of the game. #14 shut Hart down. My point to him was there were situations on both sides that affected the game. 2 great teams battled it out. Cantrell had a great game & there's no reason to minimize her effort as he did.

8 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I wasn’t at the Huntington/GC game the other night so can’t comment on it but can agree with your comment about Wilkins. He is not a favorite of mine from a fan standpoint. I watched him tonight clap sarcastically at the referee when he made a call that he felt like he should make like “finally”. It’s very tacky! I have also witnessed him commenting directly at the other team’s coach during a game. Doesn’t look good. Now do I think he is a good coach with IQ…yes! But not a fan of his demeanor with referees and other coaches. I have seen players start acting like their coach does towards referees and it gets ugly then

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I wasn’t at the Huntington/GC game the other night so can’t comment on it but can agree with your comment about Wilkins. He is not a favorite of mine from a fan standpoint. I watched him tonight clap sarcastically at the referee when he made a call that he felt like he should make like “finally”. It’s very tacky! I have also witnessed him commenting directly at the other team’s coach during a game. Doesn’t look good. Now do I think he is a good coach with IQ…yes! But not a fan of his demeanor with referees and other coaches. I have seen players start acting like their coach does towards referees and it gets ugly then

We love him at South Side! Great coach & an even better person! Coach Wilkins is awesome 

8 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

Your coach throws the biggest fit in the world over any call. Good coaches work refs. Can’t believe you get on here and talk bad about GC coach working refs. You need to start watching your coach. I have photos of game film with him 6-10 foot on the floor. Just like he dodges every body in West TN, like he did South Side and Greenfield in their hay day. Greenfieldfan is right. Why didn’t you play Greenfield a single time in their hay day?? You didn’t want South Side this year or last year either. Don’t get on here and talk about a coach being tacky. Look in the mirror. 

6 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

We love him at South Side! Great coach & an even better person! Coach Wilkins is awesome 

Can you believe this guy gets on here and calls him tacky?? I mean really. The team that is scared to death to play competition in West TN and he is calling coaches tacky. I could go further but I am not. Congratulations on a big win tonight!! I think y’all are praying at the tight time. 

Edited by pioneer42