Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2022-23

mas1821

17 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

What are thoughts on how Westview will look next year with three starters one of being Jada? 

They will only have three players back that got major minutes next season.  They have a pretty good 8th grade team coming up but they will have some struggles next season.  Inside presence will be a huge issue for them next year.  They do move to a new district and should not have much competition besides Gibson County.  Gibson will be the favorite over Westview by a lot next season in that district and region.

2 hours ago, westtn12 said:

What are thoughts on how Westview will look next year with three starters one of being Jada? 

Westview will be a great shooting team. Simpson will be back and she can shoot plus #20 who I'm very high on. She's a player. If Haskins can come up with an inside presence they will be very good.

9 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Westview will be a great shooting team. Simpson will be back and she can shoot plus #20 who I'm very high on. She's a player. If Haskins can come up with an inside presence they will be very good.

They will be good not great.  I think they can get to state in that region in the west but don’t see them being a real threat to win it all.  Jada is a void they will not fill anytime soon.  

16 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Your coach throws the biggest fit in the world over any call. Good coaches work refs. Can’t believe you get on here and talk bad about GC coach working refs. You need to start watching your coach. I have photos of game film with him 6-10 foot on the floor. Just like he dodges every body in West TN, like he did South Side and Greenfield in their hay day. Greenfieldfan is right. Why didn’t you play Greenfield a single time in their hay day?? You didn’t want South Side this year or last year either. Don’t get on here and talk about a coach being tacky. Look in the mirror. 

Thank you Pioneer and hawksguy for calling Westview out.  Everybody knows Westview dodges the good teams when they are loaded.  Greenfield begged to play them even on their home court back to back years.  Bucky wasn’t playing Greenfield.

It’s sad that we played about every year until Greenfield had the upper hand.  It wouldn’t have been much of a game (over at halftime) and everybody that knows basketball will tell you the same thing.  

Edited by Greenfieldfan

48 minutes ago, Greenfieldfan said:

Thank you Pioneer and hawksguy for calling Westview out.  Everybody knows Westview dodges the good teams when they are loaded.  Greenfield begged to play them even on their home court back to back years.  Bucky wasn’t playing Greenfield.  

No problem. Is what it is. Not that hard to schedule good teams unless you don’t want to play them. 

22 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown lost both post players in one game ( ACL tear - Fractured wrist  ) which makes going farther in tournament next to impossible - never heard of 2 severe injuries happening within span of 10 minutes 

Hate to hear that. Summertown and Loretto both with injuries. Prayers for all of them. 

1 hour ago, Greenfieldfan said:

It’s sad that we played about every year until Greenfield had the upper hand.  It wouldn’t have been much of a game (over at halftime) and everybody that knows basketball will tell you the same thing.  

It’s definitely the truth! It’s no secret! I remember playing y’all with both of y’all’s superstars! What a great game that was! We won but that game definitely made both teams better. We love competition from every class! That was a great battle & y’all was good & we was good! I wish @UCSportsFan would understand this! But I don’t expect him to he is just a troll 

8 hours ago, westtn12 said:

Westview will get Simpson back from ACL as well as Evans (sophomore post player out with ACL) to add inside play. They have a freshman guard that scored 38 and 35 points in the TMSAA state tournament this year and was voted best player in district that’s pretty dang good. They also have a 8th grade post player that has the potential to be dominant. Still have Alexander and Sims returning as well as Trevathan. I think they will still be pretty competitive!

Edited by sportslover88

2 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

It’s definitely the truth! It’s no secret! I remember playing y’all with both of y’all’s superstars! What a great game that was! We won but that game definitely made both teams better. We love competition from every class! That was a great battle & y’all was good & we was good! I wish @UCSportsFan would understand this! But I don’t expect him to he is just a troll 

UC knows about teams not willing to play the best teams in the area.  Not sure why he was busting your chops on that one.  If you look you will see that the two best teams in the UC aren’t listed on a certain teams schedule.  Just saying…

Edited by LadyCavsFan