Shot clock in Tennessee?

Patriots186

1 hour ago, Patriots186 said:

I have heard rumors that Tennessee may be getting a shot clock next season. I am not sure if it is true. After watching all of the state games, I am hoping it is true. I can’t stand watching teams stand at half court holding the ball for over a minute. Any inside info from anyone?

5 second rule should take care of that. Go guard them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Tennessee will not adopt it unless the National Federation does.

That has already been done. They are leaving it up to each state.

Shot Clock Guidelines - 2021

By NFHS on September 23, 2021basketball Print

In accordance with Rule 2-14, each state association may adopt a procedure by which it implements a 35-second shot clock effective with the 2022-23 season. The following are the guidelines to be implemented for those states choosing to adopt the shot clock.

Edited by UTRok

6 minutes ago, UTRok said:

That has already been done. They are leaving it up to each state.

Shot Clock Guidelines - 2021

By NFHS on September 23, 2021basketball Print

In accordance with Rule 2-14, each state association may adopt a procedure by which it implements a 35-second shot clock effective with the 2022-23 season. The following are the guidelines to be implemented for those states choosing to adopt the shot clock.

Problem is who pays for it?? Got to have someone to run it as well.

40 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Problem is who pays for it?? Got to have someone to run it as well.

Wonder why as you go deeper & deeper in tournament play scores generally go lower & lower — do you think lesser talented team ( whether good or bad ) understand that’s their only shot especially at State - makes it hard to watch but they don’t give gold balls to the fans 

26 minutes ago, Jaychapman said:

Wonder why as you go deeper & deeper in tournament play scores generally go lower & lower — do you think lesser talented team ( whether good or bad ) understand that’s their only shot especially at State - makes it hard to watch but they don’t give gold balls to the fans 

GC girls would probably be OK with a shot clock because as a rule we play fast. I have no problem with it either. Just would be curious how much it would cost each school to put the clocks in. I think that will be the ultimate factor in the decision to implement it. 

44 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

GC girls would probably be OK with a shot clock because as a rule we play fast. I have no problem with it either. Just would be curious how much it would cost each school to put the clocks in. I think that will be the ultimate factor in the decision to implement it. 

I think it would be good for the game as well. I believe everyone could agree on a 40-45 sec shot clock, but the issue will be cost and having another official run it. They can’t get officials now and some schools would put it out that they can’t afford paying another official and installing a shot clock. 

3 minutes ago, LetsGoBrandon said:

I think it would be good for the game as well. I believe everyone could agree on a 40-45 sec shot clock, but the issue will be cost and having another official run it. They can’t get officials now and some schools would put it out that they can’t afford paying another official and installing a shot clock. 

What I am talking about. Would probably be a hard thing to do. Hadn’t Westview already installed theirs?? Thought I seen them this year on each end. 

9 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

What I am talking about. Would probably be a hard thing to do. Hadn’t Westview already installed theirs?? Thought I seen them this year on each end. 

Put one clock at each end have one of the refs designated to watch when gets close ( don’t have instant replay anyway ) I think the other two can handle the last few seconds by themselves / use to only had two refs anyway - not perfect just another thing disgruntled fans can holler at - probably 80% of teams wouldn’t  get close to time running out