Preseason 1A football team rankings in fans opinions

mrbigster

11 hours ago, H2Oman said:

If this kid whoever it may be is let’s say a superstar… wouldn’t you think that such parent  would be more than likely be moving he or she to a private and or bigger classification school where he or she would be getting better opportunities as far as college choices???

OR would you drag said kid to west TN to play on another 1A team ( though a Great 1A team)

If politics were the sole issue I would bet this kid could move 10 or 25 miles down the road and play for either Smith County, Trousdale and or Upperman.

Point being… there are several places this kid could’ve went without traveling a 100 plus miles to another small school.

The reason this young man came to West Tennessee is a valid reason, and I will leave it at that. 

3 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

The reason this young man came to West Tennessee is a valid reason, and I will leave it at that. 

The young man is a good kid and a good football player. I, personally, will miss him, but it is a valid reason and one not in his control. Not knowing exactly what McKenzie returns on the line, I believe he will help as he started for us on the D-Line last year.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

The young man is a good kid and a good football player. I, personally, will miss him, but it is a valid reason and one not in his control. Not knowing exactly what McKenzie returns on the line, I believe he will help as he started for us on the D-Line last year.

He will definitely be a tremendous help on our line.  

22 hours ago, H2Oman said:

If this kid whoever it may be is let’s say a superstar… wouldn’t you think that such parent  would be more than likely be moving he or she to a private and or bigger classification school where he or she would be getting better opportunities as far as college choices???

OR would you drag said kid to west TN to play on another 1A team ( though a Great 1A team)

If politics were the sole issue I would bet this kid could move 10 or 25 miles down the road and play for either Smith County, Trousdale and or Upperman.

Point being… there are several places this kid could’ve went without traveling a 100 plus miles to another small school.

I do not see a correlation between private schools and power 5 conference football scholarships.  I have always been mystified at the fact that private schools had to be put away in a division by themselves to keep them from winning all the football state championships and yet, power 5 colleges rarely take any of their players.  

I do not condone "dragging" a kid anywhere.  You show him a school, you ask him if he would like to switch to that school and then, if he is gung ho on the move, and you can financially afford the move and your wife wants to make the move and any other children you have in your household wants to make the move then...you make the move.

"Superstar" does not have to be in here.  You used extreme language like "drag" and "superstar" for effect.  "Much better than average" would be the better term.

Heard Union City has most their players returning so should be pretty even game with Lake Co.Heard LC smoked Dyer Co in 7 on 7.Also hear LC will scrimmage Westview  on the 29th at LC,following week travel to play Camden,think at a neutral site and the folling week a scrimmage like a game against Murray Ky.