Eagleton

Eagleton has the potential to be very competitive in 2 A. The school will never grow no bigger than it is because it is landlocked between a couple of subdivisions and it can't grow. Before the two big schools were built 45 years ago Blount County had some very successful 1 A schools in Football and it may be time to return to our roots. Walland won it all in 1975. I hope they have some kind of broadcast of their games which would be nice to watch this year.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Eagleton has the potential to be very competitive in 2 A. The school will never grow no bigger than it is because it is landlocked between a couple of subdivisions and it can't grow. Before the two big schools were built 45 years ago Blount County had some very successful 1 A schools in Football and it may be time to return to our roots. Walland won it all in 1975. I hope they have some kind of broadcast of their games which would be nice to watch this year.

You are making some assumptions.  Blount County doesn't have zoning in the sense you are thinking, and Eagleton may make ALCOA look zoned.

1 hour ago, rlh said:

It will be interesting to see how they develop by the end of the season.

I can see them beating Cumberland Gap, Happy Valley, Tellico Plains, Scott County, Cosby and possibly Oneida & Wartburg. South and West Greene would be pretty hard. Hampton would be no way this year. A lot depends on how this coaching staff shakes out. Most of them came from the William Blount staff but the head coach has also been on the Maryville staff one year when they won a state title. Never could understand why they passed this guy up last year and let Shad be the head coach then go through a long process bringing in a couple of good coaches with state championships on their resume only to hire someone they passed up the year before.

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I can see them beating Cumberland Gap, Happy Valley, Tellico Plains, Scott County, Cosby and possibly Oneida & Wartburg. South and West Greene would be pretty hard. Hampton would be no way this year. A lot depends on how this coaching staff shakes out. Most of them came from the William Blount staff but the head coach has also been on the Maryville staff one year when they won a state title. Never could understand why they passed this guy up last year and let Shad be the head coach then go through a long process bringing in a couple of good coaches with state championships on their resume only to hire someone they passed up the year before.

What type of offense will they run, is their coach known to run a certain type of offense? I saw on here they have a stud QB but I'm curious if they will be undersized upfront. Their schedule doesn't look all that tough, probably by design I guess. 

43 minutes ago, TSSAAfootball said:

What type of offense will they run, is their coach known to run a certain type of offense? I saw on here they have a stud QB but I'm curious if they will be undersized upfront. Their schedule doesn't look all that tough, probably by design I guess. 

Going off how well they did last year in JV games has me to believe they will be decent or at least have a great chance in half of their games unless they are just to young. Remember the school ony goes to the 11th grade this year.

On 7/24/2023 at 11:11 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Going off how well they did last year in JV games has me to believe they will be decent or at least have a great chance in half of their games unless they are just to young. Remember the school ony goes to the 11th grade this year.

I think STARS only went to 11.