Mountun Ears att the Littull Fellurs

STARSNBARS

10 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

What were you expecting a 14 -13 ballgame. I came an inch of giving someone 50 points and the guy got scared and backed off which was lucky for me. I even told a few people this week I was expecting a 63-point win because I didn't think Heritage could stand toe to toe with Maryville's JV which they did. Heritage looked much better than what I was expecting even though the score was 45-7. They had a decent number of players considering the Eagleton School opening I was expecting a drop off in numbers. If this coach will hang around a while he will get this program turned around. I wasn't to happy with our performance tonight because we earned everything we got because this Heritage team didn't roll over and play dead like most have the past 20 years. I do hope with a lot other people in Blount County he can get that mess turned around.

Barney living far away I never get to see heritage in person so I don't know how bad they really are but how do you think they would fair in 1a or 2a

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

I'd hate to be in the film room when they pull up the MHS TE celebrating when there is still a guy he could have blocked on a TD. I think a lot will get fixed between week one and week two. 

Ya I saw that too and my first thought was of coach Story in the film room! LoL. 
lot of young guys but a lot to look forward to . We have a lot of talent and we have 2 of the best Rb’s in East TN . The Qb looks good at times and I have a lot of faith in our coaches doing what it takes to improve every week. 

#1 looks like a great athlete, maybe we could use him more in the secondary because our secondary will have their hands full in the next few weeks. I really hope we don’t have any Maryville fans jumping off of any Bridges or anything because I’ve seen us win Championships with less talent than we have right now . I trust our coaches are gonna get the best out of our guys moving forward. 

I must say I was impressed with this Heritage team , forget the score, I’ve seen Heritage quit many times facing the same consequences and I never saw that team quit last night . They played with a lot of intensity and I wish Heritage good luck for the rest of the year . 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, pepvol said:

Ya I saw that too and my first thought was of coach Story in the film room! LoL. 
lot of young guys but a lot to look forward to . We have a lot of talent and we have 2 of the best Rb’s in East TN . The Qb looks good at times and I have a lot of faith in our coaches doing what it takes to improve every week. 

#1 looks like a great athlete, maybe we could use him more in the secondary because our secondary will have their hands full in the next few weeks. I really hope we don’t have any Maryville fans jumping off of any Bridges or anything because I’ve seen us win Championships with less talent than we have right now . I trust our coaches are gonna get the best out of our guys moving forward. 

I must say I was impressed with this Heritage team , forget the score, I’ve seen Heritage quit many times facing the same consequences and I never saw that team quit last night . They played with a lot of intensity and I wish Heritage good luck for the rest of the year . 

Couldn't of said it better. You saw the same things I did. Heritage didn't give up. You know as well as I do there are teams on their schedule that are not as good as Maryville's JV team and Heritage played some good football at that point is why I see them having a chance to win a few this year.

6 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

I’m anxious to hear OldRebel2’s analysis.

I think the Heritage players and their coach(es) were quite passionate, of course, and they didn't seem to quit.  I heard NOTHING inappropriate.  The head coach has brought lots of enthusiasm to the program from players to fans that did not seem to exist on previous Heritage teams.

Edited by OldRebel2
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, StarBright87 said:

Barney living far away I never get to see heritage in person so I don't know how bad they really are but how do you think they would fair in 1a or 2a

They would do well from what I seen last night. The difference between last night and the last few years was that they didn't give up and played hard the entire game. Last few years they would have thrown in the towel at some point. My sources told me the only thing negative they saw regarding their coach was he needs to stay off the field. The fumble was a bad call that Heritage really did get it because their players knee was on the ground but their not going to overturn it no matter what you have to say to the ref.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, coachspanky said:

I thought 5 looked really good! The only times he had issues seemed to be when he was throwing to #2. Easy fix.

To come from the college ranks, I thought HHS would be more prepared and ready (especially on offense). At times the 'Neer offense was "embarassing for the neighbors"! Joe needs to get it under control-looked very immature when he stomps and yells at his kids who aren't prepared-which is HIS fault. Loved the effort and fight from the Heritage kids!

Agreed spank! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coachspanky said:

C'mon man!!!! We were up 38 nada at half and HHS had 2 first downs a 58 yards!!!! You've been drinking too much of the "poor-mouth Kool-Aid!"  Great first game, plenty to build on and a few things to fix. 

Spank, Ive been watching REBEL football for 22 yrs and have had 4 sons play all the wY through. What they and their fellow REBELS achieved has been nothing short of miraculous. The pontificators believe that 14-1 or 13-1 is a losing season. MARYVILLE will always be the team to beat regardless of who won the state the season before because thats just how thick the mojo is and brother the pipeline is full.  It does appear sometimes that some MARYVILLE fans secretly want them to lose.  Ive never understood it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2