Peabody @Westview

PeabodyPride

14 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

Hard to predict this one just based on all the new personal on both sides as well as Peabody missing some key players on offense.  I like Peabody’s chances if they can establish the run game and control the clock.  However, if Westview is able to pass on them offensively and make it more high scoring I think that favors the Chargers. 

The run game is all Peabody has if last week is any indication, it is going to take the Kee kid out of the picture again and he definitely was discouraged last week you can tell from his body language. Did he even have a catch? If Peabody is going to compete they have to find a way to get the ball to him way more than last week…that’s going to be difficult to do when they are starting an OLB at QB. Wouldn’t surprise me if WV put 8 heck maybe even 9 in the box and snuff the run and make them throw it.  The other weakness and difference in this game will be the secondary of Peabody. If they didn’t learn from their mistakes last week the ball will be coming at them religiously, you can bet WV coaches have something for them. 
WV-28

PHS-13

• Sad 1

On 8/25/2022 at 2:11 PM, Tide21 said:

Is there a way to watch the westview Dresden game 

Hudl ? NFHS network dot com? That “other” forbidden site? Or a person maybe videoed it then put on their personal YT or FB page/post? Hudl & NFHS require subscription, others take research. That’s only things that pop-up in my cavernous empty head. .. btw, our Gold-ball game of Dresden vs Greenback (HOOYAY! YEEEEDOGGY!) .. it used to be online, YT & other places, but looks like it’s been scrubbed off of the net now. Nowhere to be found, I can’t anyway. Not even archive dot org. Very odd to me. 

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

The run game is all Peabody has if last week is any indication, it is going to take the Kee kid out of the picture again and he definitely was discouraged last week you can tell from his body language. Did he even have a catch? If Peabody is going to compete they have to find a way to get the ball to him way more than last week…that’s going to be difficult to do when they are starting an OLB at QB. Wouldn’t surprise me if WV put 8 heck maybe even 9 in the box and snuff the run and make them throw it.  The other weakness and difference in this game will be the secondary of Peabody. If they didn’t learn from their mistakes last week the ball will be coming at them religiously, you can bet WV coaches have something for them. 
WV-28

PHS-13

The Peabody faithful has been awful quiet this week. Maybe we will see a surprise tonight at QB for Peabody. The freshman looked really good during the jamboree at South Gibson, or maybe someone else?

5 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

The Peabody faithful has been awful quiet this week. Maybe we will see a surprise tonight at QB for Peabody. The freshman looked really good during the jamboree at South Gibson, or maybe someone else?

Maybe Kee? Maybe Burkett? Maybe Webber? Maybe Smith? Maybe one of the lineman? Who knows who will be the QB? Hopefully Westview had to prepare for all of them, because I heard it was open tryouts for QB1 last Friday at Peabody. 

27 minutes ago, thunderbolts said:

I hope so I want to watch a good game like last year! I thought them putting Burkett at QB last week really took away from his defensive play for good reason the kid left everything on the field. Anyway Good luck to both teams and hopefully an injury free contest! 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

I hope so I want to watch a good game like last year! I thought them putting Burkett at QB last week really took away from his defensive play for good reason the kid left everything on the field. Anyway Good luck to both teams and hopefully an injury free contest! 

I think it’s pretty unfair to judge Peabody on last week.  When the second string QB went down, they had to pretty much adjust the whole offense on the fly against a good team.  It wasn’t like they had another option at that moment

Too many mistakes by Westview: bad snap that Peabody recovers on 1, 2 picks in red zone, fumbled kick…Thought Westview’s number 17 is a man and a great receiver and back. He needs more touches. Peabody played well enough to win even without Burkett who was hurt in second quarter. Peabody’s defense especially secondary is playing good football. Two good teams. Peabody gets healthy look out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Too many mistakes by Westview: bad snap that Peabody recovers on 1, 2 picks in red zone, fumbled kick…Thought Westview’s number 17 is a man and a great receiver and back. He needs more touches. Peabody played well enough to win even without Burkett who was hurt in second quarter. Peabody’s defense especially secondary is playing good football. Two good teams. Peabody gets healthy look out. 

Stop kissin tail you Gibson County bunion