Rural West TN Top 10 Week 3

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree 100%. I think you guys made a ton of progress from week 1 to week 2

Wouldn't made any difference against UC  but Day Day would have helped.If he didn't play against Central,would been a loss.I think Union City would beat most Single A teams by 40 points.Beat a good USJ team.Central has a good team,especially offensively.

10 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

We will take it. Love underdog role. Makes us hungry to make a Statement to all doubters.

I don’t think anyone has you as an under dog. I have y’all as the highest rated 2A team in the poll. The only teams ahead of you are 4 and 5A with the exception of McKenzie who played for a gold ball last year and brought a ton back like y’all. I am fully convinced you guys and Riverside will see each other in the semis. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Be nice if you could do a 1a-2a poll and a 3a-4a poll. Could care less about 5&6a

Eh I'll cheer for my guys from Paris when it comes playoff time but for the most part I agree. Can you ever remember there being this many just flat out good teams in 1A and 2A in our area? This year has all the ingredients for an all time memorable season in the smaller classes

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

A couple of big games this past week caused some movement. However with a close loss to a 6A top team, I keep Henry Co at #1. What does everyone think. 

1.  Henry Co. 1-1

2. Haywood 1-0

3. Hardin Co. 2-0

4. Munford 2-0

5.  McKenzie 2-0

6.  South Gibson 2-0

7.  Union City 2-0

8.  Riverside 2-0

9.  Milan 2-0

10. USJ 1-1

Outside Looking In: Peabody 1-1, Dresden 2-0, Covington 1-1, Huntingdung 1-1, Crockett 2-0, JCS 2-0, West Carroll 2-0, Fayette Academy 2-0

Top two definitely alone at the top for sure IMO. Honestly I like the Tigers at three, but could probably make an argument 3 thru 5 could be in any order. I think after two game you could make the argument that McKenzie and Munford have a more quality win than Hardin County . The rest looks pretty in line Imo. Think there’s 5 teams on this list that could go undefeated in regular season. A lot of good teams I. West Tn.

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don’t think anyone has you as an under dog. I have y’all as the highest rated 2A team in the poll. The only teams ahead of you are 4 and 5A with the exception of McKenzie who played for a gold ball last year and brought a ton back like y’all. I am fully convinced you guys and Riverside will see each other in the semis. 

Just by judging the scrimmage against Cov and beating LC and USJ.Im a believer in UC

On 8/27/2022 at 4:43 PM, Tigersandcats said:

Top two definitely alone at the top for sure IMO. Honestly I like the Tigers at three, but could probably make an argument 3 thru 5 could be in any order. I think after two game you could make the argument that McKenzie and Munford have a more quality win than Hardin County . The rest looks pretty in line Imo. Think there’s 5 teams on this list that could go undefeated in regular season. A lot of good teams I. West Tn.

You can rightfully argue the level of competition as a good way to assess the standings, but there's also the eye test. Hardin County is big, fast, and athletic all over the field...add to that the fact that they go two deep on the bench, the offense is multi dimensional, their defense looks solid against the run and pass, and their ceiling is very high. I agree that they're unproven against upper level competition, but it wouldn't surprise me if they gave Henry & Haywood Counties all that they wanted. All that we can do is wait and see!