McKenzie visits Dresden 9/30 for the Region 6A Championship.

RedRebelman

3 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

We have played Obion and Chester Co who are 4A but they were average at best.  Otherwise, outside of the two you have mentioned, neither of us have played anyone to write home about.  Westview's team is now in Tuscaloosa.  Huntingdon is typical Huntingdon.  They start slow but they finally get it going. 

This game should be the GAME OF THE WEST next week. 

Agreed

Too early to comment. Did like a few posts though. Rebels played Thur & won big, of course, hopefully Lions do the same in an hour or so at South Fulton. How high can we go tonight? Dresden better not overlook anyone in anticipation of a future game. That snake has rose up & bit us more than once! Hmmm, maybe this thread was stated early on purpose as a subtle ploy to get our minds off of tonight’s game? Hoping for the Red Devils to shock the world once again & beat us because we have our minds one  another game?? Hmm, well played I must admit. Gonna have to remember this tactic. .. That was alot of commenting for me not to be commenting, as usual. Ha! 

Edited by HevyReturns

3 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Pretty disrespectful here ! Bad vibes to start a thread before games this week are played !!!!! 

Hope them Rebels get plenty of bad vibes & bad mojo. They have been on a winning spree for a long time, only loss in awhile was in championship, & that only by 3 pts. Everyone knows they are super motivated & hungry to win it all, and got the weapons & coaches to do so. But.. BUT, there ARE other teams out there with the same goal & determination. One of those is.. TADA.. Dresden Lions. Loooong time opponents. Tons of battles. Stories galore. Small town rivalry at its best. And it happens this coming Friday AT DRESDEN. The typical homefield advantage has not mattered that much in the past as both teams get that much more motivated to beat the other team at their home place.,. and do do so! So.. time will tell how it all ends. I know both teams have circled this date on their calendars, & it’s finally here! Of course I vote for our Lions to get the W in what may be one of the best games played by either team  in many, many years. Will also be good training & preparing for the playoffs. No doubt the whole state of 1A teams will be watching this game., Should be a doozy. One in which Dresden will prevail. 

Edited by HevyReturns

56 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Sure would love to see this game.Wish LC wasn't playing this Friday.Should be a great game.

It might be on radio (stick an ear bud in one ear while the open ear is for stadium game- multi-task), or if you got the NFHSNetwork subscription watch it while at the game. Or not.. it’ll be what it is.. no doubt a great game like everyone expects. If both teams are 100% and perchance one of them wins handily, talk about a loud statement win! It won’t be the other team being bad, it’ll be the winning team being just that good! BUT will the winning team of Friday’s game be able to win again IF they have a rematch in playoffs? Now that would be another “big-statement” win! All will be answered soon.. soon indeed! GOOOO LIONS!

Better get to stadium early, parking will flow out all along both sides of both roadways (I don’t know why they don’t make a parking lot on the visitors side! Plenty of room available on that side, just loads of gravel & a pipe for driveway is needed. Plus put better bathrooms over there and it’s own concessions. tbh, Rebels do have a great set-up for a stadium. Has Visitor parking lot, concessions, & restrooms like we should have in Dresden.  And Friday bring a fold-up chair in case seats already taken. Will be crowded all around the fences too. This game has been anticipated for at least a year.. hope it lives up to the hype! (Betcha: YES IT WILL!.. Plus much more!)

If I remember correctly these two teams had a game at Dresden that got so heated that they were not allowed to play each other for a few years.  The build up to this has all the makings of another game like that.  Hopefully the refs will stay on top of any extra curricular activity.  Other than that let them play this thing out.  A classic high school football matchup.

2 hours ago, YBsostupid said:

If I remember correctly these two teams had a game at Dresden that got so heated that they were not allowed to play each other for a few years.  The build up to this has all the makings of another game like that.  Hopefully the refs will stay on top of any extra curricular activity.  Other than that let them play this thing out.  A classic high school football matchup.

I wouldnt doubt it. We played Dresden  few years ago and they were late hitting our qb. One player gave a thumbs up to their sideline after doing it. They tried to start fights with our players. I’m pretty sure that coach is gone. 

• Upvote 1