MASE

SquatchU

I’m going to go ahead and say this.. IF Dresden don’t win it all in 1A, & though I would be a candidate in the running for #1 Lions fan I must say that tonight’s stomping we got at the hands of Obion Co, 42-21 at home, it’s going to take some mighty miracles for us to do so, what I’m gonna say is if Lions can’t/don’t win, I’m pulling for MASE to dog-stomp their way to Gold this year. Keep racking up huge scores & running clocks upon everyone else all the way to the top MASE (unless WE somehow meet you, then I gotta pull for Lions, ha). Why? I’m Memphis breed & Memphis fed, mainly (also time in Ripley, Lexington, & Arlington/Lakeland), a grad of Overton High, & I see that MASE ain’t getting no respect. Memphis schools hardly ever get respect no matter what the competition or sport is.. yet the city teams ($ individuals) put in same amount of time, sweat, & practice, if not more. And the really tough areas some schools have, it’s amazing if all the players stay alive to finish out their year together with teammates. And these MEN who step in and Coach these players, it is much more than being a coach usually. Dad. Big Brother. Friend. Gramps. Teacher. Counselor. Taxi. Many hats these city-coaches wear as they step in (doing so heroically at that) and try to make a difference in these schools & neighborhoods. I DO KNOW what I speak of, firsthand experience stuff.,. So I truly say, laying my cards out on the table, pushing all-in on this bet.., IF Dresden don’t win, GOOOOO MASE! Show all the naysayers & doubters & insulters what’s what & who’s who.. GO GET YOUR GOLD.. & set some records along the way. And use this feat as a springboard to accomplish personal dreams, and change not only yourselves & your family, but your community. This could be big men.. like REALLY BIG! No joke! 

Ok.. so I finally got to watch some NFHSNetwork vids of MASE games.. and if anyone can beat MASE, they’re gonna have to be very well coached, prepared, with some big players making big plays. MASE has speed everywhere, and some of them guys are so fast they look like cartoon characters, with their legs going so fast it’s just a circular blur. It can be done, as I’ve seen our slower Lion teams beat other speedier teams many times. There are ways to do it for sure. But this MASE team this year is the real deal, they legit. Respect!! I’m a fan. And everyone knows, any team can beat any other team.. but will they is the question? Time will tell. 

3 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Ok.. so I finally got to watch some NFHSNetwork vids of MASE games.. and if anyone can beat MASE, they’re gonna have to be very well coached, prepared, with some big players making big plays. MASE has speed everywhere, and some of them guys are so fast they look like cartoon characters, with their legs going so fast it’s just a circular blur. It can be done, as I’ve seen our slower Lion teams beat other speedier teams many times. There are ways to do it for sure. But this MASE team this year is the real deal, they legit. Respect!! I’m a fan. And everyone knows, any team can beat any other team.. but will they is the question? Time will tell. 

They got some size to go with that speed. They are going to be tough to beat. I’m just curious to how they are going to respond when a team like Huntingdon, Westview, or UC smacks em in the mouth per se. I seen a couple of scuffles just curious if they can hold their composure. 

48 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

They got some size to go with that speed. They are going to be tough to beat. I’m just curious to how they are going to respond when a team like Huntingdon, Westview, or UC smacks em in the mouth per se. I seen a couple of scuffles just curious if they can hold their composure. 

MASE be 1A.  

West Carroll then Lake County then Peabody then McK or Fayetteville.  

They've got homefield.

53 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

MASE won’t have to worry about any of these this season.

10 minutes ago, Waker said:

MASE won’t have to worry about any of these this season.

10 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

MASE be 1A.  

West Carroll then Lake County then Peabody then McK or Fayetteville.  

They've got homefield.

What in the world!

Idk what I was thinking I knew that!! 

Been a long day and just reading up on some things. I had fairley on my mind. 

I’m an idiot! But on that note LC or Peabody will smack em just like the 2A teams I mentioned. 

14 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

What in the world!

Idk what I was thinking I knew that!! 

Been a long day and just reading up on some things. I had fairley on my mind. 

I’m an idiot! But on that note LC or Peabody will smack em just like the 2A teams I mentioned. 

I knew you knew better.

You're just overjoyed about being back amongst us lower class folks.  :-)

• Upvote 1