Halls at MASE

jtm52k

1 hour ago, TheRefuter said:

I agree with the principle there because it's true. 

However, in this case, the talent gap was so big that it doesn't matter how well you run the veer.

MASE's athleticism is definitely a force to be reckoned with.

Trenton low scores are all about respect.  We are talking about teenagers dude.  Matchups.  We all will find out how good Mase is in due time 

3 hours ago, Doc931 said:

Look at the teams Mantachie has played those teams are terrible that team is not a measuring stick 

Stop trying to find something to gripe about. Coach Miller didn’t make the schedule, that’s out of his control. They passed the eye test, that’s a fact.

Saying MASE’s schedule is easy is true, but it shouldn’t be a deciding factor to pick against them in the future. 

5 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Stop trying to find something to gripe about. Coach Miller didn’t make the schedule, that’s out of his control. They passed the eye test, that’s a fact.

Saying MASE’s schedule is easy is true, but it shouldn’t be a deciding factor to pick against them in the future. 

I know when Huntingdon played MAHS last year in the play-offs they made us earn every yard we got. Very athletic and also very physical.

3 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Facts is now considered griping gotcha. Passed the eye test by beating halls lol? or passed the eye test that they have size and athletes ? What should be the deciding factor then? because the competition they have faced doesn't prepare them for the likes or Trenton, City, and Mckenzie. or do those three teams not 'pass the eye test"? 

6 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Interesting how some fans are embrace the prospect of competition from MASE and how others are trying to convince themselves MASE isn't any good. 

100% agree! Memphis schools have been labeled as talented but undisciplined (rightly so) for years, but that's not to say that ALL of them are or that enough talent can't overcome discipline. Whitehaven took down Maryville a couple of years despite the widest margin of discipline you'll probably ever see on a football field. Maryville's team was like a well drilled platoon of soldiers, but were comprised of JUCO type kids talentwise...Whitehaven had nine D1 kids on the team and it looked like they were drawing up plays in the dirt...although it was close there was just too much advantage for Quarles to overcome. That's me just playing devil's advocate too...eyewitnesses say that the coach isn't a slouch.

Just now, tradertwo said:

100% agree! Memphis schools have been labeled as talented but undisciplined (rightly so) for years, but that's not to say that ALL of them are or that enough talent can't overcome discipline. Whitehaven took down Maryville a couple of years despite the widest margin of discipline you'll probably ever see on a football field. Maryville's team was like a well drilled platoon of soldiers, but were comprised of JUCO type kids talentwise...Whitehaven had nine D1 kids on the team and it looked like they were drawing up plays in the dirt...although it was close there was just too much advantage for Quarles to overcome. That's me just playing devil's advocate too...eyewitnesses say that the coach isn't a slouch.

That's what I've heard as well. The games I've been able to review on film are from earlier in the season, the most recent one being Westwood. I'm sure a lot of that stuff is fixed, and I hope so.

Possibly being a quarterfinal team in this years west is in NO WAY a knock on this bunch. LC or Peabody will have to play near perfect football to put them out, but their history of doing so leads me to believe that's what's going to happen.

Fayetteville looks like a different animal. But all of this is just my opinion. We'll know in a few weeks.

I am guessing they are probably pretty good since they returned all those guys from last years 2A team. But, lets also be truthful that we all know Halls is not the cream of 1A in West Tn.  There true test will be when they have to face  Dresden and Peabody.  I have said this before about other schools, including McKenzie, when you hold your opponents to not scoring, that is big.  I don't care how good or bad they are.  Everyone remember...a new season starts in two weeks, and anything can happen.