Boone (9-0) @ Hampton (8-1)

blazer1set

11 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

I'm going to make my first visit to Hampton tomorrow night for this one.  Looking forward to it.

If you ever thought Kingsport D-B visitor side was a strange layout wait until you see Hampton's home side. The home side is from the 20 to the 0ther 40 and the press box is directly between the 30 and 40 yard line. I figured all the action must happen on that side of the field to have built something that way or the surveyor that laid the place out must of been drinking on the job.

1 hour ago, IPOPU2022 said:

I’m sure the stories that your Dad shared are etched in your memory forever. I remember seeing Vanhuss the first time at DB in 80 from our bench thinking “ why is the janitor on their sideline talking to their team during warmups”. . He was just a plain ole country gentleman. Much Respect. 

That describes him perfectly.    I remember as a little kid going over to coach Van Huss's house from time to time with my Dad, he was always such a kind and generous guy, almost like a grandfather figure at that time

47 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

That describes him perfectly.    I remember as a little kid going over to coach Van Huss's house from time to time with my Dad, he was always such a kind and generous guy, almost like a grandfather figure at that time

My dad played on the 1960 Hampton state championship basketball team. I've heard many great stories about the man and was fortunate enough to meet Coach Van Huss many times, on the basketball floor and also on the golf course. One of the greatest compliments I could give the man is he would give the shirt off his back for his players and former players. He truly cared about their well-being. He was a true gentleman.

13 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If you ever thought Kingsport D-B visitor side was a strange layout wait until you see Hampton's home side. The home side is from the 20 to the 0ther 40 and the press box is directly between the 30 and 40 yard line. I figured all the action must happen on that side of the field to have built something that way or the surveyor that laid the place out must of been drinking on the job.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/36°16'37.1"N+82°10'33.5"W/@36.2781023,-82.176125,142m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x25f7199cf86bd00f!8m2!3d36.2769677!4d-82.1759796?hl=en

Wow you weren't kidding.... maybe asymmetry is the in-thing.    But the field looks 100 yards so all is well

46 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Well there is a road in the way, lol. Other than the press box being off, it really is a nice place to play. Ten times better than South Greene. That field is awful. 

58 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Maybe they were thinking seats between the 40 to other 40 would fetch a premium. I'll still go with the drunk surveyor.

• Like 1