1A road to Chatt..Pretenders and Contenders

Doc931

East only ones with a chance is Clay, Gordonsville and South Pitt. So Pitt has the speed to get it done but are pretty small this year. Gordonsville is loaded with upperclassman but struggled out of the gate. After reading about them playing so many kids with a deep roster i understand what the new HC is trying to build. Clay County though is probably the best of the 3 but I know nothing about their HC. Can they deliver tonight? The winner tonight is probably the favorite in the East. I’m just keeping it real

Peabody in the West is the dark horse due to their line play. Fayetteville and McKenzie are both loaded but City is just on another level. They got cats everywhere. After watching them dismantle Red Bank I think some peoples hopes are about to get smashed. They are going to run 2A in the East next couple years unless something crazy happens and they stay West. Their QB is legit with size and speed everywhere. I’m just keeping it real

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Fayetteville and McKenzie are both loaded but City is just on another level. They got cats everywhere.

Did they add a bunch of transfers or something? I watched the Fayetteville/McKenzie game last year that McKenzie won. Granted it was a good, close game, but McKenzie won it. And they returned practically the same team with another year of experience with all their key players. So unless Fayetteville added to what they had last year, I see this year going the same way.

48 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Did they add a bunch of transfers or something? I watched the Fayetteville/McKenzie game last year that McKenzie won. Granted it was a good, close game, but McKenzie won it. And they returned practically the same team with another year of experience with all their key players. So unless Fayetteville added to what they had last year, I see this year going the same way.

big changes in coaching staff, new QB that moves a lot better, different play style on offense that lets 5-7 guys touch the ball instead of 2. add that to the defense that held McKenzie to 14 points and their star RB to less than 75 yards (something i don't think anyone else did last year except maybe S Pitt) and has only improved over this season, and i think Fayetteville takes it this year. 

Edited by jtm52k

13 hours ago, jtm52k said:

big changes in coaching staff, new QB that moves a lot better, different play style on offense that lets 5-7 guys touch the ball instead of 2. add that to the defense that held McKenzie to 14 points and their star RB to less than 75 yards (something i don't think anyone else did last year except maybe S Pitt) and has only improved over this season, and i think Fayetteville takes it this year. 

We held him to 85 yards on 21 carries. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roooster said:

After seeing Gordonsville and Clay play, I think if South Pitt has any speed at all they should have the upper hand on Gville/Clay. Neither have any real playmakers and will have a hard time containing it on the defensive side of the ball 

SP is real slow this year so no one should worry about them.  Their passing game is the worst in the state and their backs are small and slow.