West vs ole Daniel Boone

Whs1984

7 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

110% right.

Boone, hats off, 12-1, best team in school history.  Big rivalry wins, two Knoxville wins.  You did our community proud.

West.... good lord what a team.  They'll coast the next two weeks and those kids should enjoy it.  Amazing squad from West.

I won't say coast Powell has an offense that can keep it in any game and Henry county or Noblesville/page winner are really good as well

Hate to end it in such a blow-out loss but that does not diminish from an amazing Boone season.    But you guys have to remember that it's only once every 20 years or so that a NET 5A/6A team gets past the Knox County line.    As others have said, West really is that good.   The real score was 73-0.    They have team speed across the board like I have not seen in a long time.   When Boone's 2nd string QB went out it was hopeless, but you play with what you have.   Sure hope he is okay and doesn't join the ACL club.     It's always a bit of a Debbie Downer when football season ends, wish I could see West in Chattanooga in a couple of weeks.    I would wish West good luck but there is no luck to it.    Keep that 5A gold on this side of the state where it belongs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Hate to end it in such a blow-out loss but that does not diminish from an amazing Boone season.    But you guys have to remember that it's only once every 20 years or so that a NET 5A/6A team gets past the Knox County line.    As others have said, West really is that good.   The real score was 73-0.    They have team speed across the board like I have not seen in a long time.   When Boone's 2nd string QB went out it was hopeless, but you play with what you have.   Sure hope he is okay and doesn't join the ACL club.     It's always a bit of a Debbie Downer when football season ends, wish I could see West in Chattanooga in a couple of weeks.    I would wish West good luck but there is no luck to it.    Keep that 5A gold on this side of the state where it belongs.

Classy as always Blazer...I was really impressed with the physicality of Boone as well as your size. Our players certainly felt some of those hits. Even lost a running back unfortunately. 

Next week against Powell is gonna be a battle for the right to state.

9 hours ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Classy as always Blazer...I was really impressed with the physicality of Boone as well as your size. Our players certainly felt some of those hits. Even lost a running back unfortunately. 

Next week against Powell is gonna be a battle for the right to state.

I think your guy was #10, is that right?     Sure hope he is ok but let us know.     Boone has 2 guys that I know of awaiting ACL surgery, that was before #11 went out last night, have not heard what happened to him.

10 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Congratulations on a great season Blazer, had to be an awesome year ! Congratulations to West too , go get that Gold ball

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'm gonna' go ahead and say it. West has the best team this year among the publics. All classes. I didn't expect Boone to win this game but West is just in a class by themselves. 

Nobody can argue your opinion West is a force and good luck to what's left of 5a trying to deal with that beast. If we go look at the score West/Alcoa all we're going to see is West won, but I could be off a little Alcoa had it first and goal at the 6 when the starting qb got hurt and the backup came in and threw the pick in the endzone. Had he never got hurt we'll never know who would of won but to me Alcoa and West are pretty much evenly matched, just somebody had to win. Both teams are great but lord willing come Friday I think we all will be reminded who still reigns Supreme in the public schools (Oakland)

13 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Boone has a lot to be proud of.  This team in another year when there isn't a team like West and who knows. You guys just picked the wrong year to make your run. 

Been on the wrong side of that comment for more than a few years in different programs.  It is what it is.  Hard to say where the program is going to go after 1 day, but always hoping it drives people into Gray and keeps the youth programs full of kids.  The 99 team just ran into an outrageous Witten lead Betsy, the 2009 crew had a shot at beating South but just couldn't hold that game together.  3rd round is where Region 1 has got to get to every year, but they are finding themselves in the same boat as all the Region 1 teams:  Gotta get past Knoxville, gotta build programs to get over that hurdle.

24 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

Been on the wrong side of that comment for more than a few years in different programs.  It is what it is.  Hard to say where the program is going to go after 1 day, but always hoping it drives people into Gray and keeps the youth programs full of kids.  The 99 team just ran into an outrageous Witten lead Betsy, the 2009 crew had a shot at beating South but just couldn't hold that game together.  3rd round is where Region 1 has got to get to every year, but they are finding themselves in the same boat as all the Region 1 teams:  Gotta get past Knoxville, gotta build programs to get over that hurdle.

I'm almost wondering if Region 1 5A and 6A should just break apart from the TSSAA and form our own league.   I'm like you guys, it gets tiresome every year saying the same old thing, i.e., "There's something that happens when you cross the Knox County line...."

40 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I'm almost wondering if Region 1 5A and 6A should just break apart from the TSSAA and form our own league.   I'm like you guys, it gets tiresome every year saying the same old thing, i.e., "There's something that happens when you cross the Knox County line...."

You could do what the smoky bears coach does and run from the knox county line. 

#JDIR

Although running from Knoxville teams is the reason Dolly and Austin were having breakfast on Elk Ave this morning.  Apparently Bezo’s money will be used on hiring “mentors” that teach the youth of SCHS about competition and not running in fear.

#TrueParcellsism

#ScheduleUpNotDown

#JustDoItLikeIsaac

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I think your guy was #10, is that right?     Sure hope he is ok but let us know.     Boone has 2 guys that I know of awaiting ACL surgery, that was before #11 went out last night, have not heard what happened to him.

Yeah unfortunately it was an arm injury...hope he will be ok. Hope # 11 is okay as well. It was a very physical game last night and I know both teams felt it.