PAGE VS WEST: 5A TITLE

BarnBurner09

I thought West was super conservative on offense against Powell, Powell started loading the box because West wasn't showing pass, West had to dail up a pass play at the end to get the insurance score. Powell better on offense, West better on defense. Good game, Page has size and beat a good Henry County team, West may have to open up a little more if Page loads the box.

I’m excited about the Patriots getting the opportunity. No one believe Page could make it back to Chattanooga, after losing McNamara and some of the other players they lost but here they are. They’ve gotten better every week. They’ve had some really impressive moments along the way to find a way to win the last 3 weeks. 

I worry about the speed of West, but I think Page can contain their run game enough to potentially make them one dimensional and stay in this game.

Knoxville West is clearly an outstanding football team and I’m sure they’ll be a tough challenge for Page. I love knowing these guys are heading into this thing as the underdog once again. Coach Rathbone is top notch. He and this staff will have those boys ready to play. I’m excited for them to go out and show the state of Tennessee what they can do. 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

I’m excited about the Patriots getting the opportunity. No one believe Page could make it back to Chattanooga, after losing McNamara and some of the other players they lost but here they are. They’ve gotten better every week. They’ve had some really impressive moments along the way to find a way to win the last 3 weeks. 

I worry about the speed of West, but I think Page can contain their run game enough to potentially make them one dimensional and stay in this game.

Knoxville West is clearly an outstanding football team and I’m sure they’ll be a tough challenge for Page. I love knowing these guys are heading into this thing as the underdog once again. Coach Rathbone is top notch. He and this staff will have those boys ready to play. I’m excited for them to go out and show the state of Tennessee what they can do. 

I beleieve they are better this year tbh, much more well rounded frrom what I have seen...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SurfingPatriot786 said:

Listened to Coach Rathbone on the Main Street Preps podcast last night. Not sure he thinks his team is the underdog. Basically said the OL at West isn’t very good and he feels like they will be able to “overwhelm” West. Based on the film he is just not sure West is very good at all. Can’t really tell. Alluded that Henry County is better. Should be a fun one on Friday night. Good luck to both squads! I’ll take Page by a trickle or two based on the evaluation of Rathbone.

Edited by KnoxVil
GP
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

Listened to Coach Rathbone on the Main Street Preps podcast last night. Not sure he thinks his team is the underdog. Basically said the OL at West isn’t very good and he feels like they will be able to “overwhelm” West. Based on the film he is just not sure West is very good at all. Can’t really tell. Alluded that Henry County is better. Should be a fun one on Friday night. Good luck to both squads! I’ll take Page by a trickle or two based on the evaluation of Rathbone.

I think West live will get his attention real quick.

• Like 1

I have no dog in the hunt, but here’s my two cents because that’s all it’s worth :D

I watched the West-Powell game, and granted, it’s the only game I have watched them play all year. I also watched the Page at Henry County game and the first Page-Nolensville game. I think if West plays how they did in the semis against Powell, Page will give them all they want and then some if they are on their game. I feel this game along with the 4A game may be the two best games in Chattanooga this weekend.