Watson resigns at Gallatin

mondo44

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

When there is a coach at any level that's available that also has the body of work Blade has, his name is going to be brought up whether he applied or not. 

His last few years leave something to be desired, but even the best of the best can't win without talent. HCs put up with so much BS that I'm honestly surprised burnout doesn't happen more than it does.

Blade was a winner at every stop he's been at, which is something Gallatin hasn't been able to do consistently for awhile. Gallatin could do far worse and has 

Burnout is real and that appears to be what happened.  I am sure zoning changes and the rise of other local schools played a part but a Blade of 10 years ago vs  Blade his last year of coaching are completely different in my opinion.   I do not want a Blade of the last few years.  I want a guy who is hungry and has a plan to get things turned around.  One that has a track record of doing such.   There are plenty of guys out there that are doing just that right now, those are the targets that need to be gone after.  No offense to anyone but this is a big job with big expectations, many will say unrealistic or whatever but those opinions are not gonna change.  

5 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Well I know the facts as do you but I want to hear all of these “experts” and why they think the way they do.   It gives everybody a good laugh.  

Sounds like people are just running with whatever wild rumor they are hearing, regardless of how unbelievable it sounds. It is entertaining, though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Well I know the facts as do you but I want to hear all of these “experts” and why they think the way they do.   It gives everybody a good laugh.  

I would like to hear from one of the metro people about their pay schedule.   MNPS shows different schedules based on number of days worked - anywhere from 200-241 days.  Sumner County (and most other counties) have a pay scale based on just a 200 day calendar for teachers.   Are football coaches different in this regard when it comes to metro?  How much is the coaching stipend in metro?  Anyone out there who can shed some light on this?

4 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

What does “replace money lost in county changes” mean?  I do not even understand that.  

The teacher salary. When you change counties the money lost . Sumner is way behind here in Rutherford as well. It's a $7,000 cut metro it's more. So many hear the story that your booster will pay the difference 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JPlunkett77 said:

Sounds like people are just running with whatever wild rumor they are hearing, regardless of how unbelievable it sounds. It is entertaining, though. 

True but the inaccuracies I am seeing and who knows what and what is fathomable is just not reality.  Comical at best!! 

3 minutes ago, DarkKnight4 said:

The teacher salary. When you change counties the money lost . Sumner is way behind here in Rutherford as well. It's a $7,000 cut metro it's more. So many hear the story that your booster will pay the difference 

Are you taking into consideration the $4000 across the board raise that goes into effect in Jan?   Metro obviously does pay more, I would imagine they are behind Rutherford and Williamson too.  

2 hours ago, workinprogress said:

The difference between metro and Sumner is anywhere from 7k to 9k depending on year's of service. That is just the teaching part. And this is based on just having a bachelor's degree. That's a pretty significant difference, especially over a period of time. 

Makes you wonder why more coaches do not want to make the jump to metro.  Yet that is not the case at all.  Metro always seems to be retreads or assistants moving up for new job openings.  So there is definitely something to be said for positions out side of the metro areas.  

2 hours ago, WaveGoodbye said:

Right, these are the tables I was referring to.   If you scroll down, the different tables represent 10,11, and 12 month employees.   What is the difference in the 3?

Teachers and coaches are considered 10 month employees. If you are an 11 or 12 month employee you are admin, guidance, instructional coaches and board of ed folks. 

The head football coaching stipend in Metro will depend on your number of years experience in coaching football. This is for head coaches.

0-5 years experience $6848

5-10 years experience  $7691

11 or more years experience  $8533

Now if you make the playoffs you get what is called extended season pay meaning you get paid for the extra time that you are putting in. That amounts to 7% of your coaching salary for each week you participate in the post season.

1 week  7%

2nd round 14%

Quarters 21%

Semis 28%

Finals 35%

This means that both Stewart and Brunetti made an extra 35% of their stipend this year. That comes out to $11,519.55 for 11 years experience. 

FYI, extended season pay is in all sports. You do not get it for the district tournament since everyone goes, but the region, substate and state tourney levels. So say basketball or baseball/softball could make and extra 21% for going to the state tournament.

Pretty good system for rewarding success.

• Like 1