Liberty Bowl For State Championship Games

YBsostupid

3 hours ago, YBsostupid said:

These games have been played in east Tennessee for how many years in a row now?  11, 12, 15?  It's past time for them to be held in the Liberty Bowl again.  That hasn't happened in more than 30 years now.  Having to travel and spend the night before the game in a hotel, with players this age, is a huge disadvantage.  Middle and east TN have not had to do that for decades.  Why can't the Liberty Bowl host them for a 10 year slot?

Liberty Bowl won't be able to host it currently do to stadium set up. They can, however, potentially host it whenever the stadium is finished renovating and when Liberty Park is completed.

I’m NOT in favor of EVER having the HS Playoffs at The Liberty Bowl. Period. The place is in a entirely Creepy, Crime Ridden, part of town. I’ve never felt safe going to or from a game there. Bars on all dwellings for blocks in all directions for a 5mi radius from the stadium. I feel empathy for the residents. But it’s not a suitable environment for kids. Regardless IF you must go.  Just keep your $ tight and be safe.