Traditional state champion predictions

Wrestlingfan22

34 minutes ago, cbg said:

I would suggest you contact Mark Reeves at the TSSAA office.  Until people rattle the cage of the TSSAA staff and Board of Control nothing will happen.  You will have to make life miserable on them for anything to change.  Good luck!

Get me a number and I’ll go to work lol 

here is my picks for state champs

106- Colson -Blackman

113-Jacob- Dobbyns Bennett

120- Tyrell -Bradley Central

126-Little -Summit

132-Lypsey Bradley Central

138-Desselle - Summit

145 - Sells Blackman

152 Fowler- Cleveland

160- Norman Dobbyns Bennett

170-Gibbs Brentwood

182 Brenot Clarksville

195 Medina Science Hill

220 Todd- Wilson Central

285 Mcdonald Maryville

OW Brenot Clarksville

1 hour ago, oceansize42 said:

A couple of things to note in Single A.  Greeneville's 220, Chrisman,  is not wrestling today (not listed in the brackets) and the number one ranked 195, Atwood, has moved up to 220.   

A bunch of kids getting hurt and sick at this time of year. Soddy is missing Flavin who is either sick or missed weight I’m trying to find out which.

58 minutes ago, SDTrojanJack said:

He missed weight. SD still won the region, but missing his points today, next week, and in the state will hurt. 

That sucks! He had a great chance to place as a freshman. Congrats to Soddy on the region win, I think Sectionals are at Soddy next week, so might have to take that in.

8 minutes ago, SDTrojanJack said:

Agreed. Hate it for him and the team. He looked like he had a good chance to medal.

Sad to say but it’s his own fault and he cost his team and himself a lot. As a wrestler your job is to make weight, no excuse to do it all this time but when given extra weight to make the wc still to miss it is almost inexcusable. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

Sad to say but it’s his own fault and he cost his team and himself a lot. As a wrestler your job is to make weight, no excuse to do it all this time but when given extra weight to make the wc still to miss it is almost inexcusable. 

I totally agree 100% but for whatever reason coaches and parents are not holding kids accountable for not making weight.  It use to be that it was a mortal sin not to make weight.   Today, with the weight certification program while hydrated I see absolutely no reason kids should not make weight other than being undisciplined and selfish.

• Upvote 3