Haywood 2023

stacmot

2 hours ago, Cavaliers9814 said:

That was everybody’s question will Puckett be able to settle them down in moments like ex coach did? How did dyer county look? Also I heard starting QB and one of the running backs from last year transferred out is that to be true if so losing that QB is huge for them 

The QB did, running back still there.

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

The Commercial Appeal has a big article about Haywood QB Cordero Walker transferring to Germantown. 

"It was too much violence and nonsense going on," Walker said of why he wanted to leave Brownsville. "I was losing too many people and it was a toxic space for me."

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2023/08/04/tennessee-high-school-football-cordero-walker-transfer-germantown-tssaa/70532708007/

I really can’t blame Mr. Walker.

I’ve always been a Haywood football fan, and I think my previous posts substantiate that.  True, the Tomcats have never won a state championship, but they have had a proud and glorious past.

However, the events that took place last February, the lack of discipline, and the lack of community support have finally taken their toll.  For the first time since I was a child, I’m not excited about the beginning of the high school football season.

That said, I would like to wish the Cats the best of luck during the 2024 season.

Chargerfan, it sounds like Covington will have another good season.  I wish the Chargers the best of luck as well.

I'm  wishing everyone a safe and injury-free season.

2 hours ago, stacmot said:

"It was too much violence and nonsense going on," Walker said of why he wanted to leave Brownsville. "I was losing too many people and it was a toxic space for me."

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2023/08/04/tennessee-high-school-football-cordero-walker-transfer-germantown-tssaa/70532708007/

I really can’t blame Mr. Walker.

I’ve always been a Haywood football fan, and I think my previous posts substantiate that.  True, the Tomcats have never won a state championship, but they have had a proud and glorious past.

However, the events that took place last February, the lack of discipline, and the lack of community support have finally taken their toll.  For the first time since I was a child, I’m not excited about the beginning of the high school football season.

That said, I would like to wish the Cats the best of luck during the 2024 season.

Chargerfan, it sounds like Covington will have another good season.  I wish the Chargers the best of luck as well.

I'm  wishing everyone a safe and injury-free season.

I think you hit the nail on the head.