Best 1/2A team ever?

TheBlueprint

6 hours ago, Roooster said:

Played against that team back in the day.definitely very good but I feel we should have beat them that night 

If you played at Gordy your a little mistaken. We had a complete Defensive breakdown at Right DT on very first play and Angel went on a 70 yard TD (actually ran out of his shoe) after that it was ugly for you all.Conditt  the qb and coaches son had never been sacked (so his dad said in newspaper) and he was ready to leave the field going into the 4th .I think we sacked him 4 times.I had 2 of them.You all got off the bus fully dressed and danced around our field.lolKnox Webb was the best team we played that year and was #1 in 2A when we played and we won by a field goal at the end but you all were the next best,you all derailed SP the week before like 36-0 i think.we beat you all 17-6.It was a good game but we were in complete control after that first play Satterfield blew us up on the sideline!!

Edited by orngnblk

10 hours ago, orngnblk said:

If you played at Gordy your a little mistaken. We had a complete Defensive breakdown at Right DT on very first play and Angel went on a 70 yard TD (actually ran out of his shoe) after that it was ugly for you all.Conditt  the qb and coaches son had never been sacked (so his dad said in newspaper) and he was ready to leave the field going into the 4th .I think we sacked him 4 times.I had 2 of them.You all got off the bus fully dressed and danced around our field.lolKnox Webb was the best team we played that year and was #1 in 2A when we played and we won by a field goal at the end but you all were the next best,you all derailed SP the week before like 36-0 i think.we beat you all 17-6.It was a good game but we were in complete control after that first play Satterfield blew us up on the sideline!!

That 1987 SP team was a M*A*S*H unit during the Gordy game and had been off and on all season.  The big back was barely back from missing most of the season.  Some of the fastest players on the team were laying on the frozen grass on a tarp at Gordy. 

21 minutes ago, rlh said:

That 1987 SP team was a M*A*S*H unit during the Gordy game and had been off and on all season.  The big back was barely back from missing most of the season.  Some of the fastest players on the team were laying on the frozen grass on a tarp at Gordy. 

LOL.it happens!That Gordy team had about 8 or 9 shutouts that year,the paper was really blowing them up!We were off the field at halftime almost ever game so ours didn't look as impressive but our D was dang good! IOur runner up mister football didn't play Much of the second half he broke his arm right after the half on the kick off.

Edited by orngnblk

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

1966 Huntingdon Mustangs. Just completely dominated every opponent. Tim Priest was a coach playing QB!

I agree they completely dominated every opponent that season but do you really believe they could compete against teams within the last 35 years?  Linemen back in that day were the same size as RB now a days