Best stadium in the state?

Elias287

On 5/17/2023 at 3:34 PM, tubthumper said:

I made a post on this awhile back. Over stadium quality (not atmosphere) top 5 for me. 

1. DB

2. Oak Ridge

3. Lincoln Co

4. Sevier County

5. Baylor

Honorable mention: Maryville

Having been to all of these, I think its about right. DB did a nice job modernizing J. Fred, although I agree with some that the baseball stadium should have been moved to be by itself. The visitors side at DB does leave a little to be desired as well as their visitors locker room!

Blankenship Field in Oak Ridge has the best setting, after a slow start, modernization has begun, now it may have one of the best visitors sides in the state, the home side still needs upgrading, new bleachers and press box with good sized locker rooms, A good plan would be to build a visitors locker room on the visitors side.

I saw a game at Lincoln County back in the 90s so I am not sure how much it has changed since, I liked the down in the bowl setting, unfortunately, Lincoln County football is nowhere near what it was in the 90s.

I have been to Sevier County many times and they have done a really nice job there. Very good high home side, although the press box might have been a little bigger, when we filmed there, we had to sit in front of the press box in the bleachers and contend with people standing and walking in front of us. Dollys House!!

I have only been to Baylor a couple of times in the 70s and 80s, but I remember it was a very nice field. You had to know where you were going to find it,

Maryville has done a nice job with their stadium, parking is a little tough there, but the success of their program shows there,

Other places I have been that I liked were: The Stone Castle (Bristol Tn), and Bradley County, 

2 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Having been to all of these, I think its about right. DB did a nice job modernizing J. Fred, although I agree with some that the baseball stadium should have been moved to be by itself. The visitors side at DB does leave a little to be desired as well as their visitors locker room!

Blankenship Field in Oak Ridge has the best setting, after a slow start, modernization has begun, now it may have one of the best visitors sides in the state, the home side still needs upgrading, new bleachers and press box with good sized locker rooms, A good plan would be to build a visitors locker room on the visitors side.

I saw a game at Lincoln County back in the 90s so I am not sure how much it has changed since, I liked the down in the bowl setting, unfortunately, Lincoln County football is nowhere near what it was in the 90s.

I have been to Sevier County many times and they have done a really nice job there. Very good high home side, although the press box might have been a little bigger, when we filmed there, we had to sit in front of the press box in the bleachers and contend with people standing and walking in front of us. Dollys House!!

I have only been to Baylor a couple of times in the 70s and 80s, but I remember it was a very nice field. You had to know where you were going to find it,

Maryville has done a nice job with their stadium, parking is a little tough there, but the success of their program shows there,

Other places I have been that I liked were: The Stone Castle (Bristol Tn), and Bradley County, 

I think OR has plans to renovate the home side, I saw some renderings online and it will look amazing once complete. Once complete I would put OR over DB. Check this link out. http://blankenshiplegacy.org/

On 5/24/2023 at 1:29 PM, tubthumper said:

I think OR has plans to renovate the home side, I saw some renderings online and it will look amazing once complete. Once complete I would put OR over DB. Check this link out. http://blankenshiplegacy.org/

Yes they do have the plans, and they are very nice, but of course the issue is money, will have to raise it through fundraising

On 5/24/2023 at 10:37 AM, Cactus Jack said:

Agree on Baylor being hard to find. Had to try and give a guy directions in the 90’s. Finally gave up and said just try to follow me.

Agreed, they've done J Fred up to be an impressive place to watch football. But it has to be arguably the worst place in America to watch a baseball game. Every seat is a terrible seat. 

You can say that again. Only enough parking for about a third of the students. SMH

• Like 1