TN HS transfer portal

Fnltexas

18 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

And like the son, undersized. You cannot outrun genetics even with the obvious chemical aid. The measurables are what they are at the Power 5 level. 

99.9% of the time major colleges will not recruit someone if they don’t pass the look test.  What someone does on the field is great but to play in a major college program the measurables (size & speed) must meet certain criteria. This is why I tell most of the high school kids to focus more on the academic side and then go play at Sewanee or Rhodes.  If they are really smart maybe one of the Ivy League schools will recruit them.  It’s all about how one finishes and not where someone starts.  A great degree from an excellent academic institution should translate into a stable and well paying job.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

And like the son, undersized. You cannot outrun genetics even with the obvious chemical aid. The measurables are what they are at the Power 5 level. 

You’re a good poster, and know me, so in all fairness to the family I think your post isn’t appropriate. Lots of hard work and sacrifices for the kid and his parents so I hope he kills it at Oakland. It makes me think about all that we do as parents. This is my last year of HS sports as a dad and I’ve made so many mistakes over the years with all three of my kids Im now just hoping they have fun and don’t get hurt. Even my daughter with all her injuries  makes me wish I’d made so many different decisions during her HS career and even with her college choice. Now, our youngest will hopefully create great lifetime memories this year. You know him and he’s a fun guy to cheer for because he’s the “Rudy” of DCA football because he’s never lacked courage or effort. He’s just a genuinely nice kid, not perfect but nice guy. Thinking about his journey makes me hope Jones and his family have an amazing year too because this is it for HS. I think Jones deserves that. 

1 hour ago, cbg said:

99.9% of the time major colleges will not recruit someone if they don’t pass the look test.  What someone does on the field is great but to play in a major college program the measurables (size & speed) must meet certain criteria. This is why I tell most of the high school kids to focus more on the academic side and then go play at Sewanee or Rhodes.  If they are really smart maybe one of the Ivy League schools will recruit them.  It’s all about how one finishes and not where someone starts.  A great degree from an excellent academic institution should translate into a stable and well paying job.

100% spot on

QB Deuce Knight, 28th ranked player in Class of 25’ will be attending Lipscomb Academy this fall. Huge get and puts the mustangs right there with Baylor and Brentwood Academy in DII-AAA. Oct 20th matchup between George McIntyre and Deuce Knight will be must see in Nashville and may have several College coaches and recruits there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Cam615 said:

QB Deuce Knight, 28th ranked player in Class of 25’ will be attending Lipscomb Academy this fall. Huge get and puts the mustangs right there with Baylor and Brentwood Academy in DII-AAA. Oct 20th matchup between George McIntyre and Deuce Knight will be must see in Nashville and may have several College coaches and recruits there. 

that LA/BA game was already going to be something else with beasley and jimcoily VS mcintyre but yeah, this should be a fun new rivalry.  we gotta come up with a name...the dog fight on granny white?  i'll leave it up to the writers...