West TN Rural Top 10 Week 5

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1.  Henry Co. 3-1 L 14-17 to Brentwood

2. Dyersburg 4-0 W 56-24 over Bolivar

3.  Riverside 3-1 W 57-12 over Gibson Co. 

4. Hardin Co 4-0 W 41-6 over Memphis East

T5. JCS 4-0 W 41-0 over USJ

T5. Dresden 4-0 W 62-0 over Halls

7.  Munford 3-1 L 0-42 to Southwind

8.  Crockett 4-0 W 35-14 over South Side

9.  Haywood 3-1 W 47-8 over Fayette-Ware

10.  Milan 4-0 W 62-25 over Camden

Outside Looking In: USJ 3-1, Covington 2-2, McKenzie 3-1, Huntingdung 2-1, Union City 2-2, Obion 4-0

Are these the top 10 teams in rural west tn? Sound off  

I think the top 2 are head and shoulders above the rest this year. I've also been really impressed with Crockett so far. I'm gonna try to make it over there to catch their game against Dyer Co. in a couple of weeks.  

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I believe UC is a good team and will be a major player for a 1A gold ball. They just lack evidence on the field to be moved higher. For example your Dresden team had a HUGE win over McKenzie who pounded Huntingdung. And you have destroyed your competition in your other games. I don’t even count the Ensworth game because they would destroy everyone in West TN except maybe the top 2-3 teams. The loss to USJ hurt and having to work to beat a mediocre Dyer Co team didn’t impress. They won’t play anyone with a pulse for a while. Hard to move them higher based on the results so far. 

McKenzie did not pound Huntingdon. Huntingdon couldn’t have played a worse game. Huntingdon is looking like the real deal the last two games. It played out the same way last season. 

17 minutes ago, PurpleCat said:

I think the top 2 are head and shoulders above the rest this year. I've also been really impressed with Crockett so far. I'm gonna try to make it over there to catch their game against Dyer Co. in a couple of weeks.  

Crockett just hasn’t played anyone yet. They beat Lexington, N Side, Ripley, S Side. All of those teams are down. This is as down as I can remember Lexington. N Side only beat Lexington 18-17 last night. This week should tell the story if they are the real deal.

1 hour ago, Waker said:

McKenzie did not pound Huntingdon. Huntingdon couldn’t have played a worse game. Huntingdon is looking like the real deal the last two games. It played out the same way last season. 

I’ll take your word for it as I wasn’t there. I just see the score and what I read on here. And yes it may have been the same way last year. The difference this year is Mackenzie is not nearly as strong of a team. It has to be a little concerning to see the same trend against a team that everyone knows is not as strong. But I agree with you that Huntingdung is a good team I believe they will move up in the pool and finish in the top 10 by seasons end. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

37 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I’ll take your word for it as I wasn’t there. I just see the score and what I read on here. And yes it may have been the same way last year. The difference this year is Mackenzie is not nearly as strong of a team. It has to be a little concerning to see the same trend against a team that everyone knows is not as strong. But I agree with you that Huntingdung is a good team I believe they will move up in the pool and finish in the top 10 by seasons end. 

It’s kinda how Huntingdon has been in Milan’s head for a few years in a row.:bored: