Greenback at Oneida

BarneySox2007

34 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I only have watched the Loudon game and it was pretty much a train wreck BUT that was the first game and GFD and me have talked about this Sr group and they have some good football players.These kids are coached well in our youth leagues and come into high school understanding the game.We usually play 8th graders because of that.So I am not amazed that they are winning the games they should.We should never get beat by teams like HHS and Oakdale they just don't Have the type kids we have always had.Now Oneida may just be better than us but I don't see a 21 point win by the Indians.I don't know if we can out coach anybody but we still have Greenback boys and they hate to lose to anybody!

I'll be absolutely shocked if either team wins by 21, its a toss up game.

29 minutes ago, pujo said:

I'll be absolutely shocked if either team wins by 21, its a toss up game.

It really all depends on greenbacks ability to keep 7 in the box and defend the pass. When we run well it’s on a light box. We’re not a power running team. Coalfield was so effectively because they could keep 6 in the box and stop the run. So far everyone else has been stop one or the other. I’m not sure if GB can drop 5 and still stop the run and I do not think they can cover with 4. I agree it’s a toss up game but that’s what the key will be in my opinion. 

29 minutes ago, crow said:

It really all depends on greenbacks ability to keep 7 in the box and defend the pass. When we run well it’s on a light box. We’re not a power running team. Coalfield was so effectively because they could keep 6 in the box and stop the run. So far everyone else has been stop one or the other. I’m not sure if GB can drop 5 and still stop the run and I do not think they can cover with 4. I agree it’s a toss up game but that’s what the key will be in my opinion. 

I for once don't know.lol

Curious to hear how it turns out.From what I have heard on the radio we struggle up front to keep pressure off our QB.Line is very young.

I'm gonna side with GFD and say 14 in Oneidas favor.7 for the home field and we seem to have a couple TOs every game.

Edited by orngnblk

9 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I for once don't know.lol

Curious to hear how it turns out.From what I have heard on the radio we struggle up front to keep pressure off our QB.Line is very young.

I'm gonna side with GFD and say 14 in Oneidas favor.7 for the home field and we seem to have a couple TOs every game.

Honestly I don’t know either. I guess a better way to say it is that’s my best guess rather than my opinion lol

45 minutes ago, crow said:

They sure can't defend you the way Polk did, They played right into your strength. I also agree with your assessment.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I only have watched the Loudon game and it was pretty much a train wreck BUT that was the first game and GFD and me have talked about this Sr group and they have some good football players.These kids are coached well in our youth leagues and come into high school understanding the game.We usually play 8th graders because of that.So I am not amazed that they are winning the games they should.We should never get beat by teams like HHS and Oakdale they just don't Have the type kids we have always had.Now Oneida may just be better than us but I don't see a 21 point win by the Indians.I don't know if we can out coach anybody but we still have Greenback boys and they hate to lose to anybody!

Both teams may have a lot of pride but neither team has much talent. Oneida losing to a 1A school should never happen. I watched the Harriman/Greenback game, game could have went either way. Greenback has 2 kids that can play football.  The pool that Greenback has to pull from you would think they could field a better team. Terrible coaching and little talent equals alot of pride. Gimme a break!!

50 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Both teams may have a lot of pride but neither team has much talent. Oneida losing to a 1A school should never happen. I watched the Harriman/Greenback game, game could have went either way. Greenback has 2 kids that can play football.  The pool that Greenback has to pull from you would think they could field a better team. Terrible coaching and little talent equals alot of pride. Gimme a break!!

6 starters where out at Harriman.Played alot of Freshmen and 8th graders.Had a couple back last week.No excuses tho sounds like you know your football.:mrgreen: