West TN Rural Top 10 Week 8

5 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

I'm just not sold on Hardin Co. Saw them scrimmage Riverside and wasn't impressed. I think they would have a hard time matching the Mustangs physicality. Huntingdon will lite you up. Most teams we have played this year haven't been ready to get hit like the Mustangs hit you!

Lol! Trouble matching the physicality?  

30 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Lol! Trouble matching the physicality?  

He must think Hardin has improved since your preseason scrimmage with Riverside. I fully believe you have. Just like I believe the Stanks have improved since their preseason beat down by Covington and their week 1 loss to McKenzie. But I guess Huntingdung is the only team capable of getting better. Lol. 

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

He must think Hardin has improved since your preseason scrimmage with Riverside. I fully believe you have. Just like I believe the Stanks have improved since their preseason beat down by Covington and their week 1 loss to McKenzie. But I guess Huntingdung is the only team capable of getting better. Lol. 

I was thinking same thing about their scrimmage with Covington but I do not put a lot of hype into scrimmages. The true test comes in a 4 qtr game. That’s when the physicality comes into play. Don’t get me wrong I’m not sold out on my team and never try and get to high or low on them. All I’m concerned about now is this game coming up Friday  with Haywood. They’ve steadily improved as I predicted. Gonna be a tough game to win!  Gonna see what we made of this Friday.

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I have seen Dburg several times this year. I think they have the best defense in West TN. I feel like their front seven would shut down Hardin’s run game and force them to be one dimensional. Once they have to pass, Dburg would pin their ears back and nobody can block Kalen Edwards for Dburg. Boy will go to school wherever he wants. Did the same thing to Westview last week and they had 5 interceptions. Just my opinion though. I may be very wrong. 

I about jumped the fence onto the field Friday night if the refs let another illegal chop block on him go. He was PISSED. Hard to get him riled up, but he had had it!

18 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

How do you figure Hardin Co deserves such a high ranking. They haven't beaten a good team and play a cupcake schedule. They may be great but they haven't proved it.

9 hours ago, tradertwo said:

I know it's hard to swallow a loss, but the ultimate goal for this season hasn't changed, and for what my opinion matters an early season loss to Huntingdon doesn't put you in a worse place than a win would have. Good competitive game between two of the favorites, and I think the Panthers could've played better/been healthier than they showed Friday night. From the radio broadcast (Huntingdon announcers), it sounded as if Riverside missed a couple of shots at scores and #25 wasn't 100%...might be different next time if both get there.

From what I was told from someone close to #25 is that he was 100% and was going to put up 350 yards on us. I can't be for sure if it was completely true, but was told that specifically.

5 hours ago, stangsby3 said:

From what I was told from someone close to #25 is that he was 100% and was going to put up 350 yards on us. I can't be for sure if it was completely true, but was told that specifically.

Just going on what your radio broadcast crew said about #25...they said that it looked as if he was "dancing around" looking for holes and that from what they'd seen from him before Friday night he would hit the line hard and push the pile. They did comment on one play on defense that "he sure looked 100% on that play", which I also took as an acknowledgment that he didn't look like it for most of the game. Not looking to make a definite statement about his health, just my opinion from the announcer's point of view.

43 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Just going on what your radio broadcast crew said about #25...they said that it looked as if he was "dancing around" looking for holes and that from what they'd seen from him before Friday night he would hit the line hard and push the pile. They did comment on one play on defense that "he sure looked 100% on that play", which I also took as an acknowledgment that he didn't look like it for most of the game. Not looking to make a definite statement about his health, just my opinion from the announcer's point of view.

Oh yea, I can't speak on the status of his health either because I don't know him. This was from a gentleman close to him. It could very well be just smack talk from that gentleman, but he did say that was what Thomas said.

12 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I'll play the homer role for a min and say WC should be in the Outside looking in section. Or take out UC and TCA if you want to leave us out. Whichever. 

are you really serious?Played 1 team with a winning record.Union City would beat West Carroll by 50 points and LC by at least 20 .Even a LC team at 5 and 5.If West Carroll played Central,Dyersburg,Dresden,JCS,Union City.Would be blowouts

On 10/1/2023 at 3:46 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1.  Henry Co. 6-1 W 45-13 over Portland

2.  Dyersburg 7-0 W 30-0 over Westview 

3.  JCS 7-0 W 35-7 over FACS

4. Hardin Co. 7-0 W 35-3 over Chester Co. 

5.  Dresden 7-0 W 31-28 over Union City

6.  Huntingdung 5-1 W 22-15 over Riverside

7.  McKenzie 6-1 W 57-7 over Perry Co. 

8.  Munford 6-1 W 31-7 over Arlington

9.  Haywood 6-1 W 50-12 over Trezevant

10. Riverside 5-2 L 22-15 to Stanks

Outside Looking In:  Covington 5-2, Milan 6-1, TCA 4-2, South Gibson 5-2, Crockett 5-2, Union City 4-3

Dyersburg and JCS with impressive wins this week. The Stanks move up after 3 big wins in a row. Moving ahead of the only team to beat them on the season as I feel if that game were played now the outcome would be different. Several really solid teams in West TN, but are these the best 10??

I think it's pretty good.Still think Munford is too low.No matter bad defeat.But look at who they played?