West TN Rural Top 10 Week 8

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don’t think SouthWind (the team that beat Munford will get past the 2nd rd of the playoffs. 

Could it be the teams they will play though?I've seen Dyersburg,Dresden.Munfotd would be a test.Think Milan way too high.Only beat one pretty decent team in South Gibson.Think everyone else has very bad,losing records.And struggled against Adamsville.So who have they beaten that's deserving of their ranking?

Edited by mrbigster

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

are you really serious?Played 1 team with a winning record.Union City would beat West Carroll by 50 points and LC by at least 20 .Even a LC team at 5 and 5.If West Carroll played Central,Dyersburg,Dresden,JCS,Union City.Would be blowouts

My friend, it looks like you didn't take the Common Sense/Probability 101 class that @Waker teaches at UT-Martin! 

With Union City having a population of 11,000+ and the Atwood area having a population of 1,000+, I think we can agree on that Union City should be able to win!

19 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

My friend, it looks like you didn't take the Common Sense/Probability 101 class that @Waker teaches at UT-Martin! 

With Union City having a population of 11,000+ and the Atwood area having a population of 1,000+, I think we can agree on that Union City should be able to win!

Bingo. :roflol:

2 hours ago, mrbigster said:

are you really serious?Played 1 team with a winning record.Union City would beat West Carroll by 50 points and LC by at least 20 .Even a LC team at 5 and 5.If West Carroll played Central,Dyersburg,Dresden,JCS,Union City.Would be blowouts

Lmao you're nuts. Union city hasn't beaten anyone with an above .500 record yet. They also lost to a pretty bad usj team. At some point you have to reward wins over losses. 

4 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Could it be the teams they will play though?I've seen Dyersburg,Dresden.Munfotd would be a test.Think Milan way too high.Only beat one pretty decent team in South Gibson.Think everyone else has very bad,losing records.And struggled against Adamsville.So who have they beaten that's deserving of their ranking?

When you lose to someone it’s always the teams you play.  And in regards to Milan the are the lowest rated 6-1 team there is. I fully recognize they only have two wins over teams with winning records in South Gibson and Adamsville. That is definite the reason why every other team with a like record and 2 teams with worse records are ahead of them. 

10 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Also lake countys one man band isn't beating west Carroll put down the pipe. 

On 10/1/2023 at 3:46 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

1.  Henry Co. 6-1 W 45-13 over Portland

2.  Dyersburg 7-0 W 30-0 over Westview 

3.  JCS 7-0 W 35-7 over FACS

4. Hardin Co. 7-0 W 35-3 over Chester Co. 

5.  Dresden 7-0 W 31-28 over Union City

6.  Huntingdung 5-1 W 22-15 over Riverside

7.  McKenzie 6-1 W 57-7 over Perry Co. 

8.  Munford 6-1 W 31-7 over Arlington

9.  Haywood 6-1 W 50-12 over Trezevant

10. Riverside 5-2 L 22-15 to Stanks

Outside Looking In:  Covington 5-2, Milan 6-1, TCA 4-2, South Gibson 5-2, Crockett 5-2, Union City 4-3

Dyersburg and JCS with impressive wins this week. The Stanks move up after 3 big wins in a row. Moving ahead of the only team to beat them on the season as I feel if that game were played now the outcome would be different. Several really solid teams in West TN, but are these the best 10??

I think the list is solid! I am a big fan of Haywood and Covington so i will naturally want to see them ranked higher however i believe they are where they need to be at the moment. 

As for Haywood, we will have a good idea of where they are against Hardin Co. If Haywood wins out, then i think they deserve a top 3 spot. (Especially if the Tomcat Defense gets back to what they are known for)

As for Covington, They could win out and not make the top 10 (as bad as i would want them to). Maybe if they have a lop sided win against Ripley/Westview. Do not think either of those teams are as strong as originally thought.  The thing about Covington is that they typically turn it up a couple notches in the playoffs, so once playoffs start, the whole top ten could be switched around. 

Thanks for your time and effort put into this!

11 minutes ago, Dp81 said:

I think the list is solid! I am a big fan of Haywood and Covington so i will naturally want to see them ranked higher however i believe they are where they need to be at the moment. 

As for Haywood, we will have a good idea of where they are against Hardin Co. If Haywood wins out, then i think they deserve a top 3 spot. (Especially if the Tomcat Defense gets back to what they are known for)

As for Covington, They could win out and not make the top 10 (as bad as i would want them to). Maybe if they have a lop sided win against Ripley/Westview. Do not think either of those teams are as strong as originally thought.  The thing about Covington is that they typically turn it up a couple notches in the playoffs, so once playoffs start, the whole top ten could be switched around. 

Thanks for your time and effort put into this!

Your very welcome. And thank you for the kind words!  I really enjoy doing this as it creates conversation about our West TN teams and helps give us all insight about teams we might not normally know about. 

21 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Your very welcome. And thank you for the kind words!  I really enjoy doing this as it creates conversation about our West TN teams and helps give us all insight about teams we might not normally know about. 

DEFINITELY!! Thank you for doing this. When somebody is assigned a number, some heads get a little bigger than they should, some feathers get more ruffled than they should, but it's all in good fun. To your point, it does helps to understand from other points of view about some teams I'm personally not familiar with.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, SpottedGoat said:

DEFINITELY!! Thank you for doing this. When somebody is assigned a number, some heads get a little bigger than they should, some feathers get more ruffled than they should, but it's all in good fun. To your point, it does helps to understand from other points of view about some teams I'm personally not familiar with.

15 minutes ago, RTRRudy1189 said:

Great list as always bpm

Thank you both!!