Huntington/Milan

Jeremiah

2 hours ago, Deeper said:

You just don't intentionally grab an opponent by the facemask, intentionally, and rip the helmet off his head.  If you do there will be immediate reprisals.  There Should be reprisals.  Reprisals should be expected.

Only Milan should be on probation.  Only Milan should pay a fine.

That’s one dumbest takes I think I’ve read . If you are playing football you can’t fight no matter what happens it isn’t allowed. If you want to win and you are a player you should think twice before you fight 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

That’s one dumbest takes I think I’ve read . If you are playing football you can’t fight no matter what happens it isn’t allowed. If you want to win and you are a player you should think twice before you fight 

No. People have become too comfortable with being able to do things without repercussions. If it happened once, yeah, it’s just football. Things happen. When a team is getting the ball run down their throats and they aren’t use to getting bullied they resort to dirty tactics over and over and over and then they try to hurt you because they can’t play within the rules. Then people literally need to get hit in the mouth. I don’t condone swinging a helmet. I’ll never condone that. However, It was dirty business from Milan leading up to that for a long time and the officials should have never let it get that far. That’s why the penalty difference. That’s why tempers flared. Period. 

1 hour ago, Waker said:

No. People have become too comfortable with being able to do things without repercussions. If it happened once, yeah, it’s just football. Things happen. When a team is getting the ball run down their throats and they aren’t use to getting bullied they resort to dirty tactics over and over and over and then they try to hurt you because they can’t play within the rules. Then people literally need to get hit in the mouth. I don’t condone swinging a helmet. I’ll never condone that. However, It was dirty business from Milan leading up to that for a long time and the officials should have never let it get that far. That’s why the penalty difference. That’s why tempers flared. Period. 

This is kind of the bottom line on this one. There were several facemasks before this one. A couple were called. And a few were not called. Once the Milan players realized the refs weren't calling all the facemasks, they started using them to drag Huntingdon players down. When #12 for Huntingdon refused to go down, the Milan player kept ripping at the facemask until his helmet came off. 

You gotta control your emotions, for sure, but there was a lot that led up to this response from the Huntingdon players. I'm just glad both coaching staffs didn't let it escalate too far, because this could've been real bad for both teams.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Waker said:

There's the truth of the matter. Officials are on the field with the players, and should be able to get a feel for the difference between playing hard and playing chippy. Sometimes fans think that officials get too "involved", but good ones can deescalate before tempers get the better of the kids. Speaks a lot about the coaches from both sides that it got to the point where kids left the bench without becoming a free for all, and I don't mean in the moment...I mean that both teams are taught discipline as a foundation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Wait. What happened between Milan and Huntingdon. @BIGPURPLEMACHINE

3 hours ago, Waker said:

I agree with everything Waker said. Milan was making very inappropriate plays and this should have never gotten to that point. Was 100% Milan’s fault for it escalating that far. Also I can’t blame the Huntingdung player for being mad and responding the way he did. Having said that, it was clearly inappropriate to respond that way and he suffered the consequences of his actions. But I understand why he was upset. I would have been too. At the end of the day, I believe both teams are very lucky that it was just probation handed down and hopefully they learn from this and make better choices going forward. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I agree with everything Waker said. Milan was making very inappropriate plays and this should have never gotten to that point. Was 100% Milan’s fault for it escalating that far. Also I can’t blame the Huntingdung player for being mad and responding the way he did. Having said that, it was clearly inappropriate to respond that way and he suffered the consequences of his actions. But I understand why he was upset. I would have been too. At the end of the day, I believe both teams are very lucky that it was just probation handed down and hopefully they learn from this and make better choices going forward. 

I’ll tell you the truth….. I’m a little confused by your tactics. So, I’m gonna keep acting tough until I figure it out. -Cal Naughton Jr -Waker

Edited by Waker

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

bruce-arians-arizona-cardinals.gif