Mairvul limps intwo Cyunts Hil

STARSNBARS

26 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Is this the same exact field Steve Spurier played on or has this campus been the same one since the beginning. Has Steve been around or dose he even still have family there.

The field Spurrier and myself a few years later played on was Memorial, sometimes called Memorial Soldiers Stadium on the south side of Town. The new stadium is on the Science Hill campus. Yes Spurrier matriculated from the current campus. It has a collegiate campus feel to it.

17 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

The field Spurrier and myself a few years later played on was Memorial, sometimes called Memorial Soldiers Stadium on the south side of Town. The new stadium is on the Science Hill campus. Yes Spurrier matriculated from the current campus. It has a collegiate campus feel to it.

Who is Kermit Tipton the name on the new stadium, how did he gather the honors instead of the best known Football player to ever come out of that neck of the woods.

IMG_5336.jpg

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Who is Kermit Tipton the name on the new stadium, how did he gather the honors instead of the best known Football player to ever come out of that neck of the woods.

Kermit was Steve's coach. S.S. didn't want all the attention on him (rare right) but wanted it for his coach.

Edited by Red Rebels

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Coach Tipton was a highly successful coach at the Hill. He was Spurrier’s coach and the coach of several other Allstate or all American QBs. The Hill was sometimes referred to as Quarterback U. His able assistant Coach Bob “Snake” Evans replaced him when Tipton went into Administration. I played for Coach Evans. Steve Spurrier paid for the new field at the Hill. However, the old field at Memorial Stadium was also named after him. I have never met Coach Spurrier though I grew up in the same subdivision with his older brother Graham. Great guy and a friend. He passed away a year or so ago.

4 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Coach Tipton was a highly successful coach at the Hill. He was Spurrier’s coach and the coach of several other Allstate or all American QBs. The Hill was sometimes referred to as Quarterback U. His able assistant Coach Bob “Snake” Evans replaced him when Tipton went into Administration. I played for Coach Evans. Steve Spurrier paid for the new field at the Hill. However, the old field at Memorial Stadium was also named after him. I have never met Coach Spurrier though I grew up in the same subdivision with his older brother Graham. Great guy and a friend. He passed away a year or so ago.

5 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

IMG_5336.jpg

Kermit was Steve's coach. S.S. didn't want all the attention on him (rare right) but wanted it for his coach.

Thanks Red Rebels