Does George Quarles return to Maryville?

JustinBuck

1 hour ago, StarBright87 said:

I just think for our area the tri cities when Db is good it makes high school football much better, the atmosphere, double decker stands is full, maybe some are there for the band but still it's nothing like being at j Fred stadium on Friday nights. If you go watch the documentary they did on Alcoa (4th and forever) one of the Alcoa fan was taken in the stadium and said are you sure this isn't a college stadium, that sums it up

I’ve said the exact same thing on this site over and over again. When DB, Science Hill and Elizabethton are rolling, it brings attention to the area. You can throw TN High and Crockett in as well to a degree. But the “Big Three” are catalysts for the area. Unfortunately, for now, it’s just Betsy. And two of the top 7 biggest high schools in the state cannot compete. It’s not for the lack of talent. It’s not because they don’t have the numbers. It starts with the administration and trickles down to the coaches. You fix that problem, and get people in there who care, and the community will rally to the cause.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blazer1set said:

This is NOT trolling, just asking this as an outsider......     Do you Maryville people think that after Quarles left the school system has gotten too woke and football has suffered?            In other words, it's not the coaching as much as it is the culture that has Maryville in a rut?

This is my department. This is my specialty and I can answer this question and not bat a eye lid. ALE YES.