Does George Quarles return to Maryville?

JustinBuck

1 hour ago, lumberjackmak said:

You get out with that nonsense of one good season. 

Randy first year 8-4 finished ranked

Covid year 4-2 with ranking in top 25 all year

His last year 11-2 and beat vandy. Finished Ranked. 

Under Quarles with a ton of returning players, started ranked 11th..... Finshed 3-8

Math is hard I know, but this is just the facts. 

One good season is a lie, multiple winning seasons to hit a brick wall and lose..  Winning games is hard, so don't discount winning seasons. A lesson that Quarles tenure should teach you. 

Quarles is a good guy, I have met him many times, played against him when he played for Furman many moons ago, but facts are facts. 

If you count the Covid year in any statistic, I immediately discredit whatever you say. If we want to look at facts, Quarles was not given a fair chance. And if you want to talk about knowing how to win, he was 250-16 as a head coach in high school. He was the AHC at Furman for 5 years and was widely successful there as both a TEs and then the OC, putting up big numbers. There's the some facts for you. Most coaches don't sniff a HC position just 5 years into the college ranks. The fact he already did shows how talented he is and what people think of him within the industry. He'll bounce back and someone will be getting an incredible coach, whether he's an assistant or a HC. ETSU obviously doesn't know how to run an athletic department, which is why most of their sports are a mess. So all in all, it may be a great thing that GQ got out of that toxic place.

37 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

If you count the Covid year in any statistic, I immediately discredit whatever you say. If we want to look at facts, Quarles was not given a fair chance. And if you want to talk about knowing how to win, he was 250-16 as a head coach in high school. He was the AHC at Furman for 5 years and was widely successful there as both a TEs and then the OC, putting up big numbers. There's the some facts for you. Most coaches don't sniff a HC position just 5 years into the college ranks. The fact he already did shows how talented he is and what people think of him within the industry. He'll bounce back and someone will be getting an incredible coach, whether he's an assistant or a HC. ETSU obviously doesn't know how to run an athletic department, which is why most of their sports are a mess. So all in all, it may be a great thing that GQ got out of that toxic place.

100%. And they gave him some gas money as he left. 

56 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

I never said he didn't know how to win in high school.. so why bring that into it? Furman was good before him, he got hired for his recruiting ties and he will get his next job based on that too. 

Apparently you don't pay attention to ETSU, they cleaned house because of the drama. 

Sorry if your feelings got hurt, but you spouting facts that don't even matter nor anything I stated. ETSU got worse not better. You can't win them all, many coaches win and move up and struggle. Saban for example, it's just what it is.

1 hour ago, lumberjackmak said:

I never said he didn't know how to win in high school.. so why bring that into it? Furman was good before him, he got hired for his recruiting ties and he will get his next job based on that too. 

Apparently you don't pay attention to ETSU, they cleaned house because of the drama. 

Sorry if your feelings got hurt, but you spouting facts that don't even matter nor anything I stated. ETSU got worse not better. You can't win them all, many coaches win and move up and struggle. Saban for example, it's just what it is.

This doesn't affect me whatsoever, so my feelings will never be hurt. It's the ignorance that bothers me. Like you saying he got hired at Furman for his recruiting ties and that he did at ETSU as well. That's just ignorant. He got hired at both places because he's a good coach and he's a winner. I don't think he got a fair shake to prove himself at ETSU.

On 11/20/2023 at 9:32 AM, Red Rebels said:

You are a moronic troll. I think he is too clean to work the margins of what is right and wrong like it takes in big time college football. In my opinion, this is a libelous statement and you have just opened yourself up to litigation. 

Slow down there Big Red. I know this Elias guy is a nut job driving a jack wagon that can't spell, but don't get all of us involved in court case as witnesses to this guy's stupidity. He will piss off someone else one day in real life and get justice.