West Tn Teams

TnHoops23

4 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I have not been to a middle school game in a long time. I just saw where the Blue Suede Championship is tonight in Medina. I may go. should I?

Medina Middle has swept the season series so far against Dyersburg going 3-0. They won their last meeting 40-15. There's no shortage of talent on both squads that you will see over the next few years and the Blue Suede is a great event. 

7 hours ago, tennesseeannouncer said:

Medina Middle has swept the season series so far against Dyersburg going 3-0. They won their last meeting 40-15. There's no shortage of talent on both squads that you will see over the next few years and the Blue Suede is a great event. 

Just seen the game. Both teams are real good Jr. High Teams. South Gibson won by 1 point. Both teams have players that will help their High Schools sooner rather than later. South Gibson has four girls that will definitely be on the floor next year probably a bunch. Great game as both teams has lots of talent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Just seen the game. Both teams are real good Jr. High Teams. South Gibson won by 1 point. Both teams have players that will help their High Schools sooner rather than later. South Gibson has four girls that will definitely be on the floor next year probably a bunch. Great game as both teams has lots of talent.

I watched the games last night. i had to see what the hype was with South Gibson Middle. they play extremely hard but I gotta say, I was not impressed by what i saw in this one game. They are probably much better than what they played last night. they had a guard that was very good. The twins have length and are athletic but didn't display a lot of skill and didn't shoot the 3 very good. After saying all that, the ceiling for that group is super high!!! they have all the pieces.

I was actually impressed with the boys. I don't know how many 8th graders they have but they have a stud athlete who has a chance to be really good and looks like he is ready for high school right now. they have length, and a point guard that can really see the floor. The high school team played a lot of sophomores the 3 times I have seen them this year and adding some of these kids to those sophomores i see South Gibson being very good the next few years.

My assessment of the only middle school game I have seen (or will see) this season.

12 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Gotta brag on my Huntingdon Middle School girls. Lost their 1st game against Watertown in Murfreesboro this week. Very talented team that goes 10 deep with quality prospects. Coach Wilkins has enough talent coming at him to make him a legend. 

2 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Gotta brag on my Huntingdon Middle School girls. Lost their 1st game against Watertown in Murfreesboro this week. Very talented team that goes 10 deep with quality prospects. Coach Wilkins has enough talent coming at him to make him a legend. 

Huntingdon Middle Female Mustangs are a great group I have been told. I was told Huntingdon Middle Female Mustangs mercy ruled a lot of opponents this season. Huntingdon Middle Female Mustangs will be a very good team when they become Huntingdon Female Mustangs. I guarantee it. It will happen. Watch and see. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Edited by CaptainGuru

11 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I watched the games last night. i had to see what the hype was with South Gibson Middle. they play extremely hard but I gotta say, I was not impressed by what i saw in this one game. They are probably much better than what they played last night. they had a guard that was very good. The twins have length and are athletic but didn't display a lot of skill and didn't shoot the 3 very good. After saying all that, the ceiling for that group is super high!!! they have all the pieces.

I was actually impressed with the boys. I don't know how many 8th graders they have but they have a stud athlete who has a chance to be really good and looks like he is ready for high school right now. they have length, and a point guard that can really see the floor. The high school team played a lot of sophomores the 3 times I have seen them this year and adding some of these kids to those sophomores i see South Gibson being very good the next few years.

My assessment of the only middle school game I have seen (or will see) this season.

Dyersburg's zone hurt them in the second half. They are in the same District and South Gibson has beat them three times I think. Both teams with good Jr. High talent. 

Edited by pioneer42

9 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Yeah I heard they had a lot coming up as well. Huntingdon is always tough. 

On 2/2/2024 at 10:27 AM, Croppygenius said:

I'll acknowledge that Wilkins can coach (not a news flash), but I'll brag on him for you about being a sportsman and having some class. Stopped by H'town for some tourney they had, and when I entered the building the horn sounded... score was 63-27 Fillies and I thought the game was over. After wondering why the next teams weren't warming up, a closer inspection said that it was only halftime...starters never stood up in the 2'nd half other than to cheer for the "bench" which was used down to the last five playing significant minutes. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 11:21 PM, Waker said:

I think Huntingdon Middle Fillies ended up 24-1 on the season. Very good group. They will be dominant next year also.

Huntingdon Female Fillies mercy ruled several teams this season. Huntingdon Female Fillies will be real good once they become Huntingdon Female Mustangs. It will happen. I guarantee it. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.