1st set of HS rankings up on Pin-Tn

TotallynotLEO

3 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

Hahahaha, let me know the next time at a national level tournament Cleveland takes all their wrestlers to compete so they can’t whine when they finish in the 30’s that it was only because they took 4 guys! I’m so sure that Baylor has just dodged the calls from Knox lol. You hear one side of the story and cling to that while I see Baylor traveling all across the country to the toughest tournaments there are because iron sharpens iron.

Baylor wants to be one of the best programs in the nation while Cleveland over here touting winning a bunch of TN state titles when I’m sorry but TN wrestling isn’t anywhere as good as a ton of states. Heck I mean even the best wrestler that came out of Cleveland (Chittum) left to go private school before taking one last hurrah at Cleveland for 1 season and this coming from a guy that really dislikes private schools and had a stepson that wrestled for higher calling lol

I agree with everything you have said Cobra. Umnoo honestly just sounds jealous of Baylor. 

4 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

Hahahaha, let me know the next time at a national level tournament Cleveland takes all their wrestlers to compete so they can’t whine when they finish in the 30’s that it was only because they took 4 guys! I’m so sure that Baylor has just dodged the calls from Knox lol. You hear one side of the story and cling to that while I see Baylor traveling all across the country to the toughest tournaments there are because iron sharpens iron.

Baylor wants to be one of the best programs in the nation while Cleveland over here touting winning a bunch of TN state titles when I’m sorry but TN wrestling isn’t anywhere as good as a ton of states. Heck I mean even the best wrestler that came out of Cleveland (Chittum) left to go private school before taking one last hurrah at Cleveland for 1 season and this coming from a guy that really dislikes private schools and had a stepson that wrestled for higher calling lol

So Baylor is a want to be best program in the nation and TN wrestling isn't anywhere as good as a ton of states, then why is Baylor not the defending state dual champion. Baylor continues to have some nation level wrestlers, not sure about a nation level program. They may need to hit that transfer portal a little harder.

8 hours ago, oceansize42 said:

Cleveland and Baylor wrestled against each other at least twice in the last five years.  

December 2018 Baylor defeated Cleveland 33-32 (Al Miller Duals)

December 2021 Cleveland defeated Baylor 33-31 (Lake Norman Duals)

Now I'll wait for the all injury reports that dictated why the duals were so close.

FYI: Cleveland and McCallie wrestle tonight.

FYI Mccallie’s JV team. 

Mccallie opted to keep out 3 of their best 8th graders that will be varsity starters. Also missing quite a few football players. They did wrestle a handful of varsity wrestlers but they held out the 8th grade studs, obviously the Gentles’ and JMac will be coming soon too.

Edited by FR615

The Catholic Invitational and Beatdown in the Mountains. 

2 individual tournaments that will have a big impact. Halls, Cleveland,  Bradley, Soddy, Pigeon forge,  Gibbs all expected to be at Heritage. 

The Catholic one has less firepower but a lot of really good kids if FR, Boyd Buchanan,  BGA show up.  A chance for them to mix it up with some of the public schools.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TotallynotLEO said:

The Catholic Invitational and Beatdown in the Mountains. 

2 individual tournaments that will have a big impact. Halls, Cleveland,  Bradley, Soddy, Pigeon forge,  Gibbs all expected to be at Heritage. 

The Catholic one has less firepower but a lot of really good kids if FR, Boyd Buchanan,  BGA show up.  A chance for them to mix it up with some of the public schools.  

Pat Simpson of Father Ryan said that they are sending their JV to the Knoxville Catholic Tournament.  

On 11/29/2023 at 2:07 PM, Ummmno said:

It does. Imagine going to do all that and being super successful...

...then losing to a team across the city in a different division.

Some people care about those instate rankings significantly more than others. 

Social media would lead one to believe an antithetical viewpoint.  I don't know if anyone crows more about their ranking than Cleveland.  Every time a poll comes out where they are ranked #1 in an arbitrary list, they rush to social media to post.  Heck, their head coach was on the SE facebook page last week complaining about how his team isn't ranked high enough. Not a flattering look...

Cleveland hasn't wrestled a top 25 team since 2017.  It's pretty easy to understand why they stopped traveling out of state after this one...  Now we do need to give them credit for this year's schedule.  They should see where they stand after this season.   Please don't take this as a knock on their wrestlers. Cleveland wrestlers are good and they work hard. 

Jake Baker (Wyoming Seminary) over Jackson Bradford (Cleveland) (Fall 0:00)
Drew Munch (Wyoming Seminary) over Burns Meagher (Cleveland) (Fall 2:00)
Lincoln Heck (Wyoming Seminary) over Bryce Pond (Cleveland) (MD 18-4)
Mosha Schwartz (Wyoming Seminary) over Jayce Mullin (Cleveland) (Fall 0:00)
Clay Murabito (Wyoming Seminary) over Michael Whiteside (Cleveland) (Fall 2:00)
Jacob Zuller (Wyoming Seminary) over Cody Mathews (Cleveland) (Fall 4:00)
Gavin Mitchener (Wyoming Seminary) over Austin Sweeney (Cleveland) (Fall 4:00)
Max DeRosier (Wyoming Seminary) over Zach Brezna (Cleveland) (Fall 0:00)
Darwin Hull (Wyoming Seminary) over Dylan Jones (Cleveland) (Dec 8-3)
Kyle Costello (Wyoming Seminary) over Robert Hicks (Cleveland) (Fall 4:00)
Bena Senatus (Wyoming Seminary) over Isaah Perez (Cleveland) (Fall 2:00)
Bena Senatus (Wyoming Seminary) over Logan Strickland (Cleveland) (Fall 2:00)
Nick Martino (Wyoming Seminary) over Titus Swafford (Cleveland) (Fall 0:00)
Jake Baker (Wyoming Seminary) over Trae McDaniel (Cleveland) (Dec 3-0)
Team Score: 76-0