Riverside vs ER State Championship Showdown

vandyfan1

1 hour ago, Spike016 said:

I agree with this statement. I saw last night that #1 is East Robertson that’s no disrespect to the other 10 kids on offense but without him I’m not sure they are where they are. 

Because of how they call their offense I have to agree with you, BUT, if they would actually use some of the other 10 guys on the field I believe their offense would be much better, they have more weapons but rarely deviate from Groves, right, left, and up the middle, and wash, rinse, and reapeat. Having said that, they have had success with that scheme. I can see it catching up with them against the right team though...

Just now, Mottomotto said:

Brooks is 24-3 as a head coach. Took over a program that hadn’t had a winning season since 09’. I feel like a few bad apples that are extremely young apples are ruining his reputation. ER had never been past the second round before him and in 2 years he goes to the quarterfinals and the state championship.

SPEAKS VOLUMES.

Just now, Kevin38 said:

Because of how they call their offense I have to agree with you, BUT, if they would actually use some of the other 10 guys on the field I believe their offense would be much better, they have more weapons but rarely deviate from Groves, right, left, and up the middle, and wash, rinse, and reapeat. Having said that, they have had success with that scheme. I can see it catching up with them against the right team though...

I agree they have the talent to spread it around more, It would also make #1 even more lethal.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pujo said:

Don't think this game will be as close as some are thinking. You guys have really improved and have a really good team, Riverside is a MONSTER. I'll be right back here t eat my Crow if I'm wrong, I just don't see it. I will be pulling for you guys for what its worth.

From what I have gathered seems like most outside of the ER faithful, believe RS will win easily, I personally believe it will be a good game reguardless who wins...

9 minutes ago, Mottomotto said:

Brooks is 24-3 as a head coach. Took over a program that hadn’t had a winning season since 09’. I feel like a few bad apples that are extremely young apples are ruining his reputation. ER had never been past the second round before him and in 2 years he goes to the quarterfinals and the state championship.

He may be better than Pond schematically, but that don’t make him a good coach. You and me could probably have the above record with the talent he’s been given.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I was very curious to why they didn’t use #2 on the outside more. The kid had 6-8 inches on Yorks corners. They did throw his way a few times but it was always a go route and the QB over threw him every time. He never had a chance to make a play on the ball. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RHSPanther15 said:

Watching film I’ve been very surprised that they don’t force the ball to #2 more feel like they could go the Fairley route of just throwing jump balls to him 

2 Would easily be the Best player on our team and it wouldn't be close. If we ever had the talent some of these teams have, we'd kill everyone. Think we had one kid who could have started for York.