6A Championship- Oakland v. Houston

MidTennFootball

28 minutes ago, Haven04 said:

I agree Middle TN did seem down outside of Oakland, Riverdale, and Brentwood. I know what a monster Oakland is but they played a mediocre schedule in comparison to Houston due to the Middle TN being not as competitive like you stated. If Houston can match Oakland’s physicality which I think they can then they have a good shot to upset the champs. 

8-6A was a better region, but Center Grove has been a top 30-40 team in the country with a QB that's going to Indiana. True  not Oakland's toughest schedule but hard to put one together when everyone says no. I'm jealous that Houston plays in a region where they only have to schedule 3 non-region games.

I do think Houston can match Oakland in the trenches for a time. Late 3rd-4th having guys go both ways is going to start to show for Houston, just like it did for Bradley. That said, it may not matter if Oakland has trouble with penalties or turnovers due to a wet football

On 11/25/2023 at 10:01 AM, Booger said:

this will be the premier contest only in the brain housin group of BarnBurner09 and a few of the other Houston fans.....no one else....

tho this will be an excitin contest for bout a quarter.....more than one other contest crowd present before this contest will prove that thgis ant the one

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Buddy. Oakland has and will be the best team in 6A nkw and years to come. 

WE DINT PLAY GAMES ON PAPER

HOUSTON is the best matchup and I think they have the coaches to make it a game 

Sure Oakland can boat race every team in the TSSAA. But ya gotta play the games 

4 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

The slate of games tomorrow might have the potential to be the best day of games in a very long time.

Watching previous Oakland RB James carry the rock tonight for Oregon. I thought he would have crushed it at Geogia but glad to see he is doing well for the ducks. 

Jordan hasn't gotten alot of touches this year, but has made the most of it when he has

12 minutes ago, oldfaithful said:

What a game that was. Tough break for Oregon. He has a fan in me, I enjoyed watching him play in HS and it's a treat to see him excel at the next level. 

Oakland hasn't had alot of players play well at the P5 level, so it's been a joy seeing him excel at the next level. His versatility will end up getting him drafted

2 hours ago, BarnBurner09 said:

Buddy. Oakland has and will be the best team in 6A nkw and years to come. 

WE DINT PLAY GAMES ON PAPER

HOUSTON is the best matchup and I think they have the coaches to make it a game 

Sure Oakland can boat race every team in the TSSAA. But ya gotta play the games 

aint gotta cat in the hunt.....wouldnt hert Booger emotions if BB09 got to pump its breast with a W over the Patriots....best of luck in the contest....gonna need it

Booger just sayin :thumb: