New BGA Coach

LetMeSpin

7 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

With all due respect, CoachT is not a place to build knowledge

dont nose where TeetorTot2 been.....sum of the most sevantiest folks on the planet have been reard right here on CoachT U

Booger just sayin Albert Einstein smoking pipe animated gif

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

The one that gets violated the most is the part about 1st contact. The student has to contact your school first according to the rules and yet I have watched just about every D2 AAA and AA school (and a couple of A) have coaches, parents or other school representatives go up to kids' parents and introduce themselves at games especially in Metro middle schools. Heck, I have watched it done by public high school folks too.  Blatant violation.

Parents are not limited by the rule for obvious reasons, but coaches doing it is a considerable problem. Also, the TSSAA has seemingly decided to tie its own hands insofar as investigations go, since the only way they will pursue a rule violation is if it is reported by a school against another school or against itself. So any number of violations never make it "through the gate".

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MoonDogRex said:

Parents are not limited by the rule for obvious reasons, but coaches doing it is a considerable problem. Also, the TSSAA has seemingly decided to tie its own hands insofar as investigations go, since the only way they will pursue a rule violation is if it is reported by a school against another school or against itself. So any number of violations never make it "through the gate

I can promise you that if coaches from Brentwood Academy, Ensworth, Father Ryan or Montgomery Bell Academy show up at MNPS middle school football games wearing school shirts the parents flock to them.  The coaches don’t have do go up to the parents.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cbg said:

I can promise you that if coaches from Brentwood Academy, Ensworth, Father Ryan or Montgomery Bell Academy show up at MNPS middle school football games wearing school shirts the parents flock to them.  The coaches don’t have do go up to the parents.

I have witnessed all of them do it. All of those you mentioned, as well as several others, are guilty as charged.

The fact that it happens is just part of the landscape now. The fact that people continue to deny it is outright idiocy.

• Upvote 1

On 1/17/2024 at 4:52 PM, cbg said:

What I’ve actually been seeing lately for the past few years is the private school coaches building relationships with certain middle school teachers. The middle school teacher ends up, taking the two or 3 kids on a tour then try to push them there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 7:44 AM, FBfan26 said:

What I’ve actually been seeing lately for the past few years is the private school coaches building relationships with certain middle school teachers. The middle school teacher ends up, taking the two or 3 kids on a tour then try to push them there.

True.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 8:44 AM, FBfan26 said:

As someone who now works at a DII institution in administration, but once upon a time was a teacher and coached middle school football in an MNPS school that was competing for the city every year, this is how it works.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...