Southtowner: This That & The Other III

Southtowner

Roll Call...

l. The state office has been charged by the state legislature to ask TSSAA member schools about their desire to modify the existing transfer rules of the association.

The state office asked the membership to vote for one of three options:

1) Keep the current transfer rules.

2) Provide students the opportunity to transfer one time after establishing a high school athletic record.

3) Provide students the opportunity to transfer one time after establishing a high school athletic record provided the transfer takes place before they begin their 10th grade year. 

10 hours ago, Southtowner said:

Roll Call...

l. The state office has been charged by the state legislature to ask TSSAA member schools about their desire to modify the existing transfer rules of the association.

The state office asked the membership to vote for one of three options:

1) Keep the current transfer rules.

2) Provide students the opportunity to transfer one time after establishing a high school athletic record.

3) Provide students the opportunity to transfer one time after establishing a high school athletic record provided the transfer takes place before they begin their 10th grade year. 

If #2 is chosen, and you transfer a 2nd time. Do you have to sit out a year before you can play a sport? Or you can't play any sport after your 2nd transfer?

I'm ok with either one. Just curious if they will try to throw in *hardship* rulings to accommodate that criteria. 

2 hours ago, Yeti said:

If #2 is chosen, and you transfer a 2nd time. Do you have to sit out a year before you can play a sport? Or you can't play any sport after your 2nd transfer?

I'm ok with either one. Just curious if they will try to throw in *hardship* rulings to accommodate that criteria. 

Just guessing but I’d say after the one transfer traditional rules apply. Parents will still move and things will still happen. My guess would be after one transfer then you sit a year unless a legitimate move or waiver occurs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crow said:

Just guessing but I’d say after the one transfer traditional rules apply. Parents will still move and things will still happen. My guess would be after one transfer then you sit a year unless a legitimate move or waiver occurs. 

I think this would be the best way to go.