Cleveland High School Recruiting

Ummmno

4 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

So the fact a man worth 500 million dollars funding your entire youth-high school program doesnt put you a leg ahead of the rest of the state?

Point blank, yes or no...

Everyone I know pays club dues. 
Everyone I know pays for their own entry fees. 
Everyone I know pays for their own hotels and meals. 

If help is given, I’d say it goes to kids that really need it and I don’t know this to be any of the clubs best wrestlers.  

This seems like a straw man argument/blanket statement that isn’t founded on anything more than hearsay. 

3 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

Everyone I know pays club dues. 
Everyone I know pays for their own entry fees. 
Everyone I know pays for their own hotels and meals. 

If help is given, I’d say it goes to kids that really need it and I don’t know this to be any of the clubs best wrestlers.  

This seems like a straw man argument/blanket statement that isn’t founded on anything more than hearsay. 

How is it hard to answer the very very simple question i asked?

Does the fact a man worth 500 million dollars fully funding your entire youth-high school program put you a leg up on the rest of the state

yes or no

Just now, Ummmno said:

Does the fact a man worth 500 million dollars fully funding your entire youth-high school program put you a leg up on the rest of the state

yes or no

I wouldn’t know Alan Jones if I looked him directly in the face. 

I drive from Knoxville 3-4 times per week funded by “yours truly”

My son didn’t go to Tulsa…

If what you’re saying is true why wouldn’t Jones, Bosken, etc have paid for him to be there?

1 minute ago, CdotRoller said:

If what you’re saying is true why wouldn’t Jones, Bosken, etc have paid for him to be there?

Your son is an ANIMAL!!!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CdotRoller said:

Absolutely baffling. You want to know our issues with Cleveland. This is it. 

Everybody and their mother knows Allan Jones funds the programs. Yet here you are denying it. Again. 

This is why the rest of the state hates Cleveland. 

Edited by Ummmno

1 minute ago, Ummmno said:

Absolutely baffling. You want to know our issues with Cleveland. You're it. 

Everybody and their mother knows Allan Jones funds the programs. Yet here you are denying it. Again. 

I don’t have any issues brother. 

I’m shedding light on your “issues” with Cleveland. 

• Upvote 1

Freco, Fair enough. Apologies if it came off harsher than intended.  

I don't know how to say it any more clear. Coaching matters.  You have great coaches.  Support of community/ school/ admin matters. You have great support. Training partners matter,  you've got a room full of hammers.  Money to travel and facilities. You've got more than 99%. How much does each one of those contribute to the programs success is debatable but what isn't up for debate is that they all matter.  

At some point the program as a whole sustains itself.  It's good enough that people want to be a part of it, so they get there. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TotallynotLEO said:

Freco, Fair enough. Apologies if it came off harsher than intended.  

I don't know how to say it any more clear. Coaching matters.  You have great coaches.  Support of community/ school/ admin matters. You have great support. Training partners matter,  you've got a room full of hammers.  Money to travel and facilities. You've got more than 99%. How much does each one of those contribute to the programs success is debatable but what isn't up for debate is that they all matter.  

At some point the program as a whole sustains itself.  It's good enough that people want to be a part of it, so they get there. 

Fair enough.

37 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Absolutely baffling. You want to know our issues with Cleveland. This is it. 

Explain “funds the program”?? You think he starts every year by giving Cleveland X amount of money and says now you can be the best? 

you are the reason all Cleveland fans or parents keep arguing with you…because it’s not true. I don’t think you are or have any idea who you are but you sound like a sad Bradley fan. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

yes or no

Fully Funding......

that comment alone makes it easy for someone to say no to your question.  Highly funded, probably closer to the mark.  

It is great to hear that you hate the people in Cleveland.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FrecoFanatic said:

Also, it’s sounds like you are recruiting people to Cleveland, not us. “Great partners, great coaches, great facilities, and great opportunities,” and  “if only other high school kids had the same thing”. Lol. I can’t imagine why people who are wrestlers would want to move to Cleveland (that is sarcasm in case you missed it). Great partners are made. We have multiple state placers, state champs, and Fargo AAs that were training in Bosken’s garage when they started wrestling, and also in a barn with mats he paid for out of his own pocket that were being rolled out everyday. I remember when those kids were beginners and were taught how to drill, how to wrestle, how to be a great partner. When they started, we did not have a “room full of hammers.” No room starts that way. You think there is some partner fairy that just makes those kids appear out of thin air? It does not work like that if you want your club to be really good. And while I am at it, how many kids from our club transfer to other schools? We have kids that train during their developmental years and we teach them how to wrestle, instill winning values in them, take them all over the country, and what happens? They go to a prep school like Baylor or McCallie. Not casting stones because they have to do what is best for themselves, their family, and their situation. My point is, many kids we invest years into go to other schools. You know what we do? Root for them anyway because they are still family, and say next man up.

Is it “us” already?