Cleveland High School Recruiting

Ummmno

6 hours ago, BobCorker said:

Cleveland has cracked the formula to be a top 50 team in America.  They have a great youth program that attracts other talented youth kids to move there.  They get kids to move in from the area and other states to help supplement what they are developing.  This is not a bad thing as it is the exact formula that nearly every top 50 team in the United States uses.  If you think Crown Point, IN is full of kids that came out of their youth club, then you are naïve.  

Cleveland has recruited well and operates much like a private school.  Kids like Ethan West and Tristan Blansit lived in Georgia but were able to use school of choice to attend Cleveland.  Grant Lundy was able to switch to Cleveland.  The Fowlers relocated.  Jax Ernst moved in from Texas. Lucas Szymborski came from Crown Point, IN.  Cody Chittum was a mercenary for a month. Undoubtedly they are moving because they perceive it will enhance their kid's life. 

Only in Tennessee do people get bent out of shape about it.   Other states that have multiple teams ranked in the top 50 understand that these teams are basically local all-start teams.  Look at Edmond North or Stillwater and tell me how many kids grew up in those communities.  TN should be embracing what Cleveland is doing instead of all the disparaging remarks. We just need about 5 more Clevelands and the state might make some noise post high school. I still don’t understand why they cancelled the LHP dual… I think they might be quietly trying to replicate Brandon’s streak and will only take duals that they are sure they will win.

As Lucas Szymborski is originally from Crown Point, he moved to Middle TN, because his dad made a move for a career opportunity. He then moved to Cleveland, because at that time the program he would have been in was unstable and he was use to a top tier program back in Indiana. His dad was able to make another career move, so it worked out to put Lucas in a program where iron sharpens iron PERIOD! Any real competitor needs to be pushed daily to be the best. Bosken and Knox are more than Coaches, they care about these kids like they were their own. If you think they have it easy, then you really don’t know the character of these guys or their staff. At the end of the day Alan Jones is who he is, but has never offered the Szymborski's a cent. 

All this negativity is why youth sports is getting a bad name and why America is such a mess. God bless America, because we need it more than ever!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dogs26 said:

As Lucas Szymborski is originally from Crown Point, he moved to Middle TN, because his dad made a move for a career opportunity. He then moved to Cleveland, because at that time the program he would have been in was unstable and he was use to a top tier program back in Indiana. His dad was able to make another career move, so it worked out to put Lucas in a program where iron sharpens iron PERIOD! Any real competitor needs to be pushed daily to be the best. Bosken and Knox are more than Coaches, they care about these kids like they were their own. If you think they have it easy, then you really don’t know the character of these guys or their staff. At the end of the day Alan Jones is who he is, but has never offered the Szymborski's a cent. 

All this negativity is why youth sports is getting a bad name and why America is such a mess. God bless America, because we need it more than ever!

I get it brother! I am pro transfer and pro freedom. Do what you want; it's America!  We need more strong programs like Cleveland!  The Szymborski family ran into Bosken and the rest is history.  Who wouldn't want to move to Cleveland, TN! Bosken is one of the best developers of talent in the state, but his recruiting is really underrated.  Imagine what he would do if he went to a boarding school? 

23 minutes ago, BobCorker said:

I get it brother! I am pro transfer and pro freedom. Do what you want; it's America!  We need more strong programs like Cleveland!  The Szymborski family ran into Bosken and the rest is history.  Who wouldn't want to move to Cleveland, TN! Bosken is one of the best developers of talent in the state, but his recruiting is really underrated.  Imagine what he would do if he went to a boarding school? 

Completely agree Senator. Every kid should have the right to go to the school that’s best for them and gives them the best chance to succeed at the next level. Whether that’s Father Ryan, Soddy, Cleveland, Bradley (like they are in football), LA (football) or Baylor and Mccallie. 

Edited by FR615

50 minutes ago, Dogs26 said:

100%!!!!! Lucas Szymborski came and stamped his name at Cleveland because of hard work. Kid and family noticed what Cleveland had and decided to show up and compete with the best and proved he is one of the top wrestlers/football players in the state. 

• Like 1

Knox doesn’t go up to any kid or parents and ask them to come to Cleveland. No matter how mad it makes some on here. I remember a couple years ago when Max beat Luke Belcher in the state semis (I believe) Knox said he became a huge fan of him. And only a few months later Shane Chittum hosted the Ga/TN Elite dual in Chattanooga when Max wrestled. He went up talking to him and never once brought up coming to Cleveland. It was a normal conversation about how he wrestled. 

They may reach out to Cleveland about wanting to come and sometimes it’s not worth it for them because they may not make the lineup anyway. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheTreyB said:

Knox doesn’t go up to any kid or parents and ask them to come to Cleveland. No matter how mad it makes some on here. I remember a couple years ago when Max beat Luke Belcher in the state semis (I believe) Knox said he became a huge fan of him. And only a few months later Shane Chittum hosted the Ga/TN Elite dual in Chattanooga when Max wrestled. He went up talking to him and never once brought up coming to Cleveland. It was a normal conversation about how he wrestled. 

They may reach out to Cleveland about wanting to come and sometimes it’s not worth it for them because they may not make the lineup anyway. 

Goddang it, @TheTreyB, I’m so proud of you!! This is perhaps the first post I’ve read from you that wasn’t a needle at someone or a total troll job! 

i feel like I don’t even know you anymore. You’ve changed so much, and listen…it’s change for the good. You need a high 5! Someone high 5 this guy!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TheTreyB said:

Has anyone had the chance to listen to the podcast with Bosken and Mike Hatcher! It sounds like he lays out the entire recruiting process! You may want to take a listen to that.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, KidGloves said:

Goddang it, @TheTreyB, I’m so proud of you!! This is perhaps the first post I’ve read from you that wasn’t a needle at someone or a total troll job! 

i feel like I don’t even know you anymore. You’ve changed so much, and listen…it’s change for the good. You need a high 5! Someone high 5 this guy!

The truth hurts peoples feeling sometimes. But doesn’t mean it’s trolling. ;)

50 minutes ago, MidwestXFER said:

Has anyone had the chance to listen to the podcast with Bosken and Mike Hatcher! It sounds like he lays out the entire recruiting process! You may want to take a listen to that.

Have you listened?

He talked about traveling their #### off , and how the parents understand what it takes to win  

and how he started the girls program from finding the toughest girls in cleveland haha sounds like he recruited the hallways. Haha 

The hate is strong for Cleveland’s dominance in boys and now getting stronger and stronger in girls. Must be sickening. 

Edited by TheTreyB
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheTreyB said:

Have you listened?

He talked about traveling their #### off , and how the parents understand what it takes to win  

and how he started the girls program from finding the toughest girls in cleveland haha sounds like he recruited the hallways. Haha 

The hate is strong for Cleveland’s dominance in boys and now getting stronger and stronger in girls. Must be sickening. 

Is Bradley County opened zoned where kids may attend any school of their choice provided, they furnish their own transportation to and from school? Does Bradley County charge a small (Less than $2000.00) fee for kids that live outside the school zone to attend the various schools?