Summit gets Cleveland in Round 1

fooseball95

25 minutes ago, texas23 said:

I figured that would be the response.  But they still seem less scared than what is being portrayed on here by Bump11.  They do bring in duals teams from other states for their tournament, but why would we consider that?  It seems to me that other Tennessee teams would want a shot at wrestling against Cleveland and getting better.  

I get it.....scheduling is tough and usually takes a few years.  I've been here since 1996 and only seen Camden County at traditional state. The way things go down here, teams don't seem to string decades of greatness.  So you could schedule and they not be good anymore.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, texas23 said:

well to be accurate, you did not say duals either.  So you can be more clear with me, I never said you lied.   you insinuated they were scared to put their record at risk.  LOL.  better?

we’re talking about a duals record so i thought it was a given. but fair enough 

Edited by Bump11

2 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

they were supposed to face Lake Highland Prep but somehow that fell through! I do wish they would have Camden county or Buford up to the Cleveland duals, I also think Jefferson GA was supposed to be at the Cleveland Duals this year but didnt make it.  

Wow, I didnt know Jefferson isnt as good as they usually are, finished 4th in their division in state duals

It fell through because Coach Knox called and cancelled it once he saw just how good LHP was this year.  LHP picked up a few mid-year transfers and Bosken + Knox got scared.  #madeincleveland #doitforthegram

20 hours ago, PackMentality said:

This is not a prediction or even likely, but it isn’t outside the realm of possibility.  The problem is everything has to go Summit’s way and Cleveland has so much flexibility in their lineup.

• 150 - Zachery Little (Summit) over Tres Schuft (Cleveland) 0-3
  • 157 - Brayden Leach (Summit) over Cy Fowler (Cleveland) 0-6
  • 165 - Logan Fowler (Cleveland) over Jackson Szeliga (Summit) 6-6
  • 175 - Jayden McKinney (Summit) over Dylan Harold 6-10
  • 190 - Lucas Szymborski (Cleveland) over David Demorest (summit) over 9-10
  • 215 - Matthew Tchiblakien (Summit) over Gabe Moore 9-16
  • 285 - Tyson Russel (Cleveland) over Peters Savarino (Summit) 12-16
  • 106 - Jose Cordero (Cleveland) over Jin Suito (Summit) 18-16
  • 113 - Chase Walker (Cleveland) over ??? (Summit) 24-16
  • 120 - Colt Maughon (Cleveland) over Blaise Masi (Summit) 27-16
  • 126 - Zac Bosken (Cleveland) over Simon Masters (Summit) 33-16
  • 132 - Jarvis Little (Summit) over Kaden Rice (Cleveland) 33-22
  • 138 - Michael Posey (Summit) over Blake Congdon (Cleveland) 33-28
  • 144 - Landon Desselle (Summit) ???(Cleveland) 33-34

Biggest outlier I see here is Posey pinning Congdon. There are a few others that IMO are reaches as well and not outside the realm of possibilities but this would be a huge 3 pt swing. He only beat him 5-1 earlier this season. Heck, Jarvis wasn't even able to pin him last season (teched him but couldn't get the 6). Anything can happen and anyone can get caught but that's probably the biggest reach I see in your path to Summit winning. 

18 hours ago, RMC said:

"The Cleveland High School boys wrestling team has won 135 consecutive dual matches".........sounds like someone needs to go look for a little competition.....like maybe The Clash.....Powerade Final Four Duals.....invite Buford or Camden County up from Georgia.

Cleveland Raiders mercy rule most teams in their matches. Cleveland Raiders have a real good team. Summit Spartans have a good team too. Summit Spartans just do not have as many great wrestlers as Cleveland Raiders have. Summit Spartans have several state champion wrestlers on their squad that will pin Cleveland Raiders and win some matches. It just will not be enough to win overall. It will not happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

39 minutes ago, CaptainGuru said:

Cleveland Raiders mercy rule most teams in their matches. Cleveland Raiders have a real good team. Summit Spartans have a good team too. Summit Spartans just do not have as many great wrestlers as Cleveland Raiders have. Summit Spartans have several state champion wrestlers on their squad that will pin Cleveland Raiders and win some matches. It just will not be enough to win overall. It will not happen. I guarantee it. Watch and see. Do you want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

we get it, you've said the same thing no less than 15 times, cleveland wont mercy rule (that isnt a thing in wrestling) summit. summit is good but cleveland is better. you want to bet someone and you approve the message. we get it

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

we get it, you've said the same thing no less than 15 times, cleveland wont mercy rule (that isnt a thing in wrestling) summit. summit is good but cleveland is better. you want to bet someone and you approve the message. we get it

I think Captain Obvious's little brother has a screw loose. I guarantee it

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bump11 said:

this is wild lol idk if ive ever seen a bigger case of "stat padding" when they dont venture out and face better competition. theyre perfectly content staying home and beating up on lesser teams in state

This is a stupid statement. When Jefferson was on their run of 18 straight state titles we wrestled them at Smokey Mountain duals and destroyed them. When Woodland was ranked in the Top 15 in the country, they came to the Cleveland duals and we smoked them too. We tried to get Camden to wrestle us. Go ahead and find a dual for them outside of GA. We went to KO and beat Buford (they are a much better traditional than a dual team). We have wrestled Wyoming Seminary. We are not scared. Lol. You know who trash talks teams with long win streaks? Teams incapable of them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FargoStrut said:

Biggest outlier I see here is Posey pinning Congdon. There are a few others that IMO are reaches as well and not outside the realm of possibilities but this would be a huge 3 pt swing. He only beat him 5-1 earlier this season. Heck, Jarvis wasn't even able to pin him last season (teched him but couldn't get the 6). Anything can happen and anyone can get caught but that's probably the biggest reach I see in your path to Summit winning. 

Oh, I agree but had to find points somewhere … and this is a ranked experienced wrestler against an unranked less experienced wrestler.  Summit will need things like this to have a chance. But honestly, this is where the depth of Cleveland is so tough.  Again, this was not a prediction but just trying to come up with an avenue for Summit.  Heck, I could see Blake pulling the upset here because he is tough and as you pointed out the last match was fairly close.