Maryville Best Team in State!

LoyalRebFan

Don't even talk about Oak Ridge dominating us this pre-season.  We lost to you guys by 2 points.  About those years before that.  What happen in those scrimmages, but thats the past.  Theres no way soddy or the owls could hang with Maryville.  DB and Riverdale are really good teams.  Those games would be interesting but if Maryville played OR right now to there potenial they would crush you guys.  I have news for ya too.  What do you think are whole defense is? Juniors!!! So don't say you owned us because thats a bunch of bull and it was preseason.

825397926[/snapback]

ok, your JV scored the 14 that you scored on our jv, not varsity here kid, and the thread isnt about years past, its this years,adn maryville couldnt touch OR DB or Riverdale, so shut it up fool

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look, everyone knows Maryville would wipe the field with riverdale if we played them. it would be a good game but im sure Maryville would come away with a huge margin of victory in the 2nd half. Riverdale shouldnt even be compared to Maryville, it just isnt right. and about the oak ridge scrimmage...it was at the beginning if the season!!!! if MHS played oak ridge tomorrow and had no preparation and oak ridge had a whole week im sure we would annihalate them just like we do every other team we play. Maryville is the best team in the state hands down, get over it people, you are just setting yourself up for disappointment when the matchup arrives

look, everyone knows Maryville would wipe the field with riverdale if we played them.  it would be a good game but im sure Maryville would come away with a huge margin of victory in the 2nd half.  Riverdale shouldnt even be compared to Maryville, it just isnt right.  and about the oak ridge scrimmage...it was at the beginning if the season!!!!  if MHS played oak ridge tomorrow and had no preparation and oak ridge had a whole week im sure we would annihalate them just like we do every other team we play.  Maryville is the best team in the state hands down, get over it people, you are just setting yourself up for disappointment when the matchup arrives

825403426[/snapback]

You are obviously very good at stirring folks up, which I suspect is what you are trying to do. Good job!

Oak Ridge did beat Maryville in a scrimmage. It was 16-14. 16 -7 Varsity. Maryville was without Ryan Tallent and Adrian Baker. Maryville was also missing their most important cog. George Quarles. But! That takes nothing away from Oak Ridge. They are a great team. They could beat Maryville.Dobyns Bennett could beat Maryville. Maryville could beat those teams also. Maryville,Oak Ridge and Dobyns Bennett are outstanding teams. Maryville would have to play well to beat Dobyns Bennett and Oak Ridge.If Maryville doesn't play well they can't beat those 2 teams.

Riverdale is the best team in the state period. They are freaking loaded. They have speed to burn and they are well coached.

I just hope Maryville can be the best in 4A. That is all that really matters to me.

The scrimmage helped both teams. It gave Oak Ridge a bunch of confidence. It made Maryville get back to work. Maryville came out a little flat that day. I wonder if they thought Oak Ridge wouldn't be that good? I know that I didn't think Oak Ridge would be that good because OR lost 30 seniors. I was wrong. Oak Ridge was very good.

Maryville scrimmages Oak Ridge every year. Maryville also scrimmages Dobyns Bennett every year. Except this year. I was dissapointed when DB and Maryville couldn't hook up. Maryville finds out how good they are by scrimmaging Dobyns Bennett and Oak Ridge. Maryville has also scrimmaged Austin East the last 3 years. Those 3 teams are always tough.

im sick and tired of hearing people say that maryville is the best team in the state no matter what classififcation. fact of the matter of is that until they get the guts to move up to 5a we wont know. all we can judge it on is the scrimmages and times when they might play 5a schools. when varsity was playin the or vs. maryville scrimmage the score was 16-7. maryville's jv scored antoher td on our jv. no one can say that maryville is the best until they move up and play other classes. so stop bringing this up and making theses tupid threads sayin that they are

Speaking of cowards DANDY, why dont you guys come play Maryville and see what would happen when we eat you alive.  "Baseless claims"????  So I guess 3 state titles in the last 4 years is baseless claims.  Give me a break.  Dandy, when you want to talk TN powerhouse football come to Maryville, TN and give me a ring.

825403668[/snapback]

Baseless claims when it comes to challenging 5a schools. I didn't mention Maryville being a bad program. That's the problem with fans like you, always a chip on your shoulder. Your the one claiming dominance over all classifications. That claim is baseless, and cowardly. It's an easy claim because you'll never have to back it up. It's like saying Maryville is so good that we should just skip high school and go play the Titans.

I know it will be difficult for you to comphrehend, but go back and re-read the posts. I compliminated Maryvilles program. Believe I said it is the 4A program in which all other 4A programs are measured right now. The best in 4A. Be happy with that, because when you start making claims that can't be backed up on the field, they are then baseless, and it doesn't take much of a man to claim the mantle of "best" when you can't back it up.

I will state this about your program. Fans like you make Maryville look bad. Kudos to the Riverdale, DB and Oak Ridge fans, not bowing to this guys low. People who trash teams as you do usually are athletic wanna be's, girly men, 'cause REAL ATHLETES don't have to blow their own horn or, by the way, make baseless claims. Their ACTIONS speak for them.

ok guys im sorry but i have seen both maryville and riverdale play, riverdale is too much for maryville. All around the board riverdale is bigger faster and stronger and just as well coached. Trust me i played against in a state championship and in 2 scrimmages. I believe the score if the 2 played would be like 31-17 somewhere round there. I have never seena team so fast as riverdale and discilplined. and yes i have seen maryville play 3 times so i can make a pretty fair judgement. Maryville just doesnt have the speed or size.

dandy82

Please don't lump all Rebel fans with somedude. Me,pepvol,mhs,STARS,insider,mapperman,MLREB,FBEMeritus,Rebelsman and some of us older Rebel fans hate seeing fellow Rebel fans saying this kind of stuff. My coaches at Maryville Ted Wilson,Don Story,Lynn Brown and Mark Humphrey always told us to win with class and lose with class. George Quarles and his staff are the same way.Pepvol told me today he is disgusted with the way some of these Maryville fans are trashing other teams. He said that is why he hardly gets on coachT any more.

I know that Riverdale,Oak Ridge,Dobyns Bennett,MBA,Brentwood Academy,Melrose and several other schools could beat Maryville on any given day. I think Maryville can compete with any school in the state also.