Fulton (11-2) at Smith County (12-1)

oldsc7

WOW!!! Looks like I got some people's attention!!!  Must have hit a nerve with some!!!

KWalker - Thanks for the backing on the Cobb accusation.  If they would stop and read the previous posts they would realize that someone actually asked about Reggie, so I obliged with the info.  And I never heard one Fulton fan say that Tyrone was going to be a factor because he is Reggie's brother...Besides, his strength is on Defense!

This bunch should be working for the papers, with all the mis-quotes!  Now on to the victims!!!

Maxout- Never smoked anything...except for a few of your's and other 4A fans on these boards.  I'm Actually a former Alumni/Player for the Falcons and also a Proud fan.  First initial M, last name Smoker.  Like Jeff Smoker Backup QB for the Rams...good lead-in to the next victim...

Rocking Chair-  The post read, "Similar to the analogy that Macon fans used last year."  Similar, meaning not exactly, but somewhat the same...Macon fans used the Pats vs. Rams Superbowl to compare a team built on Speed (US) getting beat by a team that played with little flash (Tigers), but still got the job done.  Speaking of the Owls...ur, I mean, the Patriots...they had quite a few little speedy guys playing last night (Patten, Branch and T Brown are some of the faster receivers in the league).  Guess that Patriots comparison kind of goes out the window...but it sounded really nice!!!

M Vick..that was actually last year (QB J Long).  We have another guy...not as flashing, but he can get the job done. 

Also, I sense a bit of stereotyping coming from your camp...Some of your insinuations and innuendos are borderline.  Let's keep those personal ideologies to yourself.  Also, I dont know how you can make such assumptions (i.e. that we are cocky and arrogant) about a team that you havent even followed, probably have never seen play, much less, people you have never met. 

Time to prove more Nay Sayers wrong!!!  Get'em Falcons!!!

825448414[/snapback]

Hey smoker we'll call a truce. What got me is that everthing you post is fact and everything we post is crap. All that really matters is that 2 schools will be fighting for a chance to go to the big dance. It will take all the OWLS can muster just to have a chance to stay on the field with you all, everyone down here knows that. But don't think for a min. that the OWLS will back, you all will not intimidate them in the least. You will earn everthing you get and that is a FACT. And as for making assumptions about a team I never seen or followed if you've played one you've played em all. PS. There will be between 5000 to 6000 fans at the game and the least little bobble by your team and it could be over for your team.

Edited by Rocking Chair

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah blah blah....

As Smoky the Bear once said to the owl... "Give a hoot and don't polute ....this message board!"

Let's talk football and what happens on the field. This has got the potential to be a great game and become an awsome rivalry for future playoffs. I'm posting this now because I feel someone might say something about somebody's mama next. 3rd world countries go to war over crap like that. Gheeeze.... Let's play football!

Ohhh...Falcon fans...So that we don't start any further rumors.... please leave those portable heaters at home and avoid the temptation of breaking into other people's cars.

Go Falcons!!

well here we are in the semi-finals of the state playoffs, in my opinion that is a huge accomplishment for this owl team, this year they have shown more heart and dedication than any team in the past, i think that is one reason they have made it this far. the team that wants a chance to play for the state title the most will win friday night. Good luck to owls and coaches, you have alot to be proud of and alot to play for. Win or lose make sure that fulton always remembers their trip to the HOLE!!!!!!!!!

Here's a serious question for Smith County fans... I know you're a very physical team and can run the ball well. This is not a question of discipline, strength, or stamina but of couriosity. If you have a busted play allowing our defensive line to get a sack on your quarterback. If we hit him hard (lhint hint... Hamilton & Cobb) will his head rotate 360 degrees like a real owl???

Seems that I remember some post game actions by Fulton players and fans at Trousdale Co. that made any insinuation and innuendo fit just fine. I'm also sure that you, a Fulton fan, has been the first to bring up such on this thread. Why get so defensive when someone mentions the only break-in he has ever experienced at a hs game was in Knoxville? Or were you "refer"ing to the odd smell comment? Seems that maybe, just maybe, you guys want more than anything to play that role. We could go on, but that would not be a good direction for this thread to go, now would it?

GO OWLS !  ONE GAME AT A TIME !

825448503[/snapback]

You think we want to play what role? I'm totally lost on that one. My whole point is just like someone said earlier. They said they not to mention Smith, Macon, & Trousdale as one community & that they don't refer to Fulton as the same as AE, Anderson County, etc etc. I totally agree. This is a high school football game between two schools. Let's talk about the game - let's look forward to a good game between two very deserving opponents. Throw all the numbers you want up . . . don't mean a hill of beans. What matters is what happens on the field Friday night.

Wow all this talk from 2 teams that haven't seen each other play. I don't know much about Fulton.....they will be fast and strong for sure. I am sure they are well coached, but I have a feeling a big difference in this game could be coaching and discipline. This SC team is the MOST disciplined high school football team I've ever seen. Especially on the defensive side of the ball. These guys do not miss assignments and are always filling their gaps. If the D-line can keep the O-line off the linebackers it could be a long night for the falcons. I do have a question for the falcon fans. Ya'll talk a lot about last year and I'm wondering how much does this team resemble last year's team? I know you lost an excellent player at quarterback and the stevens kid. Have a safe trip and we promise an exciting night of middle TN football.

SC-26

Fulton-17

Rocking Chair-  I am not going to address that last comment...I really dont want to get the board locked up.  There is really no reason for that.  Do Owls fly low...because you are stooping to a lower level.

Let's stick to discussing the teams and the Game Friday!

825448667[/snapback]

You have completely lost me on that one smoker. I was just stating the facts. I realize you guys are way out numbered on here and will be at the ballgame. Sounds like to me you have a chip on your shoulder.

fulton is supposed to be the better team and looks like the better team. but so did portland and livingston. coming in to this season we were picked to finish 4th in our district and fight to even get in. but look where we are now.......round 4....say what u want but we r a bunch of rednecks who love to play ball and bow down to none. thumb we love each other and have respect for each other which forms heart. we have proven heart wins games and o yea wait to u see our heart friday.

To be quite honest with you, this is a very young team. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year for us. We had around 15 (if I'm not mistaken, please forgive me if I'm wrong) starters graduate last year. Our starting QB is a junior & has come a very long way this year. We also have two other QB's & they all three are very different. Our offensive line is very young, but has come along in great strides. Of course you've heard the name Tyrone Cobb on here, I think he's awesome. Antonio Hamilton is for real. All the guys are if you think about it. They've proven they're not playing for a rebuilding year - they want another ring - I think believe their quite capable of getting it.

Now, before you owl fans get on here & bash me - I was just answering a question for another poster. I'm sure you guys feel the same way about your team.

GO FALCONS!