Riverdale @ Oak Ridge

deepseadiver829

So a team that puts up 438 points an avg. of 36.5 per game and total offense of 4346 yards which is 362.17 yards per game in the toughest region in the state is average you must be absolutely clueless and for Farragut their defense ranks among the best in the state as well before you make comments check your facts first. SG is probably the best RB I have ever seen in HS Football and wish him and all the Wildcats the best of luck.I will be there Friday night to support my fathers alma mater at the Ship. Go Cats! One for the ninth digit! :thumb:

average Definition

1 a : a single value (as a mean, mode, or median) that summarizes or represents the general significance of a set of unequal values

Edited by SergeantOwl22

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a team that puts up 438 points an avg. of 36.5 per game and total offense of 4346 yards which is 362.17 yards per game in the toughest region in the state is average you must be absolutely clueless and for Farragut their defense ranks among the best in the state as well before you make comments check your facts first. SG is probably the best RB I have ever seen in HS Football and wish him and all the Wildcats the best of luck.I will be there Friday night to support my fathers alma mater at the Ship. Go Cats! One for the ninth digit! :thumb:

I agree, with everything you just wrote. However, what promted you to state what you did? Did someone say that the Owls or the Wildcats were average? If they did, I'm sure that there is medication to fix that also. Just wondering???

Also, congrats on a great season by the Owls. :ph34r:

The team wasn't as healthy last Friday night as I had hoped and thought they would be. Still had Elijah and someone else (can't remember) on the sidelines and Locke was still pretty limited. I think his absence accounted for some of FC's success on the outside. Tamar tweaked his ankle again and didn't spend much time on offense.

I was wondering about CGR's arm. He's had it in a sling or brace since about mid-season.

I'm with you in encouraging everyone to wrap-up that ball. Let's not give up anything cheap on Friday.

What is the injury report on Riverdale for the game on Friday?

How did Rankin hurt his arm?

Like I posted in the Cookeville/RHS post last week:

Scott Thomas if you are reading this please tuck the ball! you scare me when you scramble.

Gaston You Too!!

I gotta agree on that whole "tucking the ball" thing. That's gotta happen in order for us to roll out of Oak Ridge with a "W." The only turnovers I want to see are Oak Ridge's in our hands.

As for Coach Rankin, he had to have surgery on his arm after the Wilson Central game. He grabbed a player (not in anger) to keep him from going onto the field. When he did, he tore a ligament from a bone. . . wound up needing surgery a couple of days later. He's doing fine.

Good luck, guys! We'll be there watching every down, every second, every touchdown, every minute, every pass, every rush with the anticipation of coming home to the 'boro to play on Saturday.

I will be coming up to the game. I love hs football so much it is hard to give it up after your team is out.

I have been to a lot of places over the years but never Oak Ridge. I have heard it is a great place to watch a game and so I thought I might as well check it out.

What is the seating capacity and what time should someone get there to actually get a seat ( cookeville all seats were gone by 6 pm)

Sooner or later Riverdale will get beat and I sure would hate to miss it!!

However I am not getting any younger.

A riverdale primer ( i can tell you what they are going to dos topping it is a different matter)

1. #33 is in at fb he is going to run the ball it is extremely rare for him to be in and not run it

2. Fb deeper in backfiled means he is running it even when flanked out then it will be a counter.

3. 2 back set Gaston in motion with one back left especially #33 it is a draw

4. One back with gaston in motion leaving no backs is a qb draw

5. The main tendacies is this 3rd and 8 to 15 yards it will be a draw to gaston and they convert on this enough to drive you crazy

6. Gaston on the toss sweeps does not want to get to the sideline he rarely takes that route he wants to cut it up field quick so if you play him to force him inside you are playing into his strength make him bounce it out and try to string it out.

rankin will throw in something new like th tb pass back to the qb last week and he will run it anywhere anytime

But the basic summary is this you will not beat Riverdale unless you stop #1 GASTON MILLER he is the real deal.

Once again this is what they live on and stoppoing it is very difficult.

Now rdale folks be honest I have seen rdale play a time 2 the last 4 years and this information is dead on.

some other things I noticed about riverdale

#2 - is the best lb on the field including Butler.

#39 - is better than locke and one of the most underestimated and under used players anywhere.

#33 - is a big physical looking player but the games and film I have seen of him do not match the hype on defense

riverdales offensive line shouild get some type of award the flat out come at you.

Riverdales lone weakness and they cover it well by the pressure they bring is against the pass. If you can throw and the big if if you can give your qb time you can hurt them in this are. can OR throw??

Well just a few thoughts

That's a pretty good scouting report and exactly what OR has seen from Riverdale the last two years. Rankin always mixes in some wrinkles that deviate from expectations and those plays typically go for big yardage if executed well.

OR has passed for a good completion percentage this year. However, I've always thought that the 'weakness' in the secondary was a little overstated. The DBs are usually in man coverage with little safety help. It may be a weakness but that weakness is kind of by design. The reality is that there are very few high school teams that can can consistently pass in the face of a strong rush. I don't think it matters much because OR is going to run Gulmire and then run him some more...and that is exactly what I would do with a hoss like that.

Two teams that are going to do the same things:

Run the ball

Try to avoid turnovers

Play run defense

Try to make something happen on special teams

Pass 10 times

Try to win it in the 2d half

The teams are very much alike which makes this very, very interesting.