Turney Ford - TSSAA Hall of Fame

Mark Medley - 2 yrs. head coach - 2 state title games - 1 championship

Also guided Lebanon to the quarterfinals

Dan Winfree - won state title at Lincoln Co. as an assistant

Brad Cowan - won 2 state titles at Riverdale as an assistant

Bob Dillard - took 5A Lebanon to the quarterfinals as head coach

Stanley Wills - longtime assistant who took Gordonsville to the quarterfinals

that's all I can remember. Some pretty good success stories

Turney Ford is a good one back in the day. Mark Medley is the only legit one besides Coach Ford cause he was a head coach. Winfree and Cowan well LC and Riverdale more than likely would have won without them. Dillard and Wills who cares.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll say that probably three of those are really good coaches. It doesn't hurt that every single one of them was coaching pretty good talent when they won all of those games. Also, word is ... is that coach Medley has rejoined the staff. Any news on that? :lol:

yes, I heard Medley is coaching again.

What about Coach Pat Dyer? Is he going back to Lafayette?

some I can remember.............

Turney Ford - TSSAA Hall of Fame

Mark Medley - 2 yrs. head coach - 2 state title games - 1 championship

Also guided Lebanon to the quarterfinals

Dan Winfree - won state title at Lincoln Co. as an assistant

Brad Cowan - won 2 state titles at Riverdale as an assistant

Bob Dillard - took 5A Lebanon to the quarterfinals as head coach

Stanley Wills - longtime assistant who took Gordonsville to the quarterfinals

that's all I can remember. Some pretty good success stories

Turney Ford won 110 games as SC's head coach. Great coach...great man.

Edited by Antwan

Yep...........if you go to the TSSAA website you can find a list of a bunch of schools that have won only one state championship in their school's history.

Nope............Carthage's name isn't on that list anywhere........nor is Smith County! haha

Nope........I didn't predict Gordonsville winning this year.

But if we want to speak about our storied pasts, lets remember with fondness the three year period when Carthage High had the longest losing streak in the state.

That's one of those records Carthage High can wear with pride! :lol::ph34r::huh:

Yeah...fan and I also remember when SC broke that 27 game losing streak against whom? Oh...wasn't that the "silver ball" team you always refer back to? Yeah...that was a pretty "fond" memory. :huh:

As we have said before...with teams such as RBS (no slam intended) in your region...how could you possibly lose 10 in a row?

Who cares about what happened 15 or 20 years ago. The fact of the matter is, is that Patrick Sanders will pass all over that Gordansville defense, and when we are up big at the end of the game like we were last year, Jimmy Maynord will give the ball to Jonathan Evans, Tez Hembrey, or Cory Rigsby, to slam it straight down your throat like they did last year. I've heard Gordansville thinks they have some big weapons, the only weapon they have is Bryce Randolph, but he cant do anything if Smith can't get him the ball. Your runnin game was weak against us last year, as was your whole game. Quit the wishful thinkin and accept the fact your gonna lose yet again.

Who cares about what happened 15 or 20 years ago. The fact of the matter is, is that Patrick Sanders will pass all over that Gordansville defense, and when we are up big at the end of the game like we were last year, Jimmy Maynord will give the ball to Jonathan Evans, Tez Hembrey, or Cory Rigsby, to slam it straight down your throat like they did last year. I've heard Gordansville thinks they have some big weapons, the only weapon they have is Bryce Randolph, but he cant do anything if Smith can't get him the ball. Your runnin game was weak against us last year, as was your whole game. Quit the wishful thinkin and accept the fact your gonna lose yet again.

You Gordonsville people crack me up. :(

I like what I read here, telling boys in blue whats all about. :lol:

I would say their coaches saw the PLAYERS from the tiger squad on here talking smack and boasting about their new-found weapons and they jumped that tail for them. Players posting on this board is probably not a good idea with MOST coaches. Or maybe, the SC mafia was too strong for them. lol.

Most coaches do not like their players or assistant coaches posting on here.