(2-0) Cosby @ (1-1) Cloudland

old24eagle

Footballfan4life, You hit a nerve with FallSportFan, and I happen to agree with him: Cosby has a shot at being undefeated when they travel to Hampton. But to be Fair and Balanced I also agree with you: It's doubtful. Chuckey Doak isn't bad. Unaka is very good. And Cloudland regained some confidence at West Greene.

Maybe no team will be undefeated by the sixth of October, but one thing's for certain, the Eagles are a team on the rise, and Tyler Shelton's enthusiasm has obviously caught on.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the only other 1A team I keep up with on here is Hampton, so I don't know about a lot of other posters and threads, but hey.........

Why do the Cloudland Highlanders attract the weirdos on here? The town is small, we are 3,000 feet above sea level, and a good bunch of people. These kids are a hard working team, just like any other team. They (ALL the teams) work hard, people! Teams have up years, down years, new coaches, good coaches, but really..... as a football mom here, why the rhetorical nonsense going on here? Is it going to be like this every game????

A queston here: Can someone talk about some football? I get on here wanting to learn stuff about the game and about the teams. I want to know who Cosby beat. I can look up the schools, but I want to hear about the player stats, the two schools Cosby beat and why. This muffin football crap is getting old.

Oh and I used to come on here and read stuff submitted by the Highlander fans, and most of the posters are from other schools. WHERE ARE THE ROAN MOUNTAIN PEOPLE???

Well here you go. Cosby finished 6-5 last season. They lost their first round playoff game to Harriman by 1 pt. A fluke missed pat. (Normally a clutch kicker, who was also the best lb in the region, great rb as well) virtually spent every down on the field. They have won their first two games this season. Defeating N. Green 26-0 in week 0, and Oakdale in week 1 by a score of 42-18.

The reason you won't see Eagle stats splashed all over the place is because it is the opposing coaches jobs to get game film, scouting reports, etc, you know do their homework. Sure the information is out there to be found and fairly easily, but I for one am not going to hand over a list of playmakers to be prepared for!

Now, as to "why the rhetorical..." people like oldeagle, who started this thread, are die hard blue and black blooded, Cosby native, Eagle Alumni who are closely connected to this program. It gets old when you can't have a thread with your school's name in it w/o someone starting all this bull. Do we have to respond to it? No. But as long as people disrespect the Eagles, I'll be comin right back. Like yourself there football Mom, I've said I wanted some real football discussion on here, but that doesn't mean I won't go back at idiots like slap jack or cheese puff or whatever their names are.

In the Lander's defense it's not them that attracts slick willy and other "weirdos" as you call them, it's any thread where they can bash an upcoming program.

Hope that answered some of your Q's.

Slim Jimmy saw Cosby play a couple of years ago and they play "soft", not physical. At South Pittsburg, we refer to that as muffins. Atleast I didn't call you a "roll". Slim Jimmy will make you Cosby people a deal, if Cosby beats Cloudland, you will graduate to a "biscuit". Slim Jimmy thinks there is no way that Cosby is going to win. Slim Jimmy is sticking to Cloudland wins by 10.

Cloudland is too tough of a place to play for Cosby.

You've gradutuated from Idiot to MORON! Which is it. You've picked Cloudland by 21, 15, 6, and now by 10. How does that work? ;)

Thanks Hampton Big Dog. These Cosby people think since they started out 2-0, that they are the best team in TN. Slim Jimmy hopes Cloudland cleans there plow. Good luck to Hampton to this week vs. Jellico.

Show me one post, 1, just one, where it looks anything like Cosby is sayin they are the best team in the state. You can't do it. NO-ONE has said anything remotely close to that. You just make up crap as you go don't you?

Thanks Hampton Big Dog. These Cosby people think since they started out 2-0, that they are the best team in TN. Slim Jimmy hopes Cloudland cleans there plow. Good luck to Hampton to this week vs. Jellico.

Look buddy, there is not a post on here claiming Cosby to be the best team in TN. We are a program on the rise amd we are excited about the possibilities the future could have in store for this team. No one in the community is out here talking about making reservations to the Boro all we are saying is that we are coming on as a program and that we have a great chance to have a very good season this year. Do we think we can beat everyone on our schedule? Of course we do or there would be no point in even showing up everyday and putting in the work we do. Do we know that we have some very good teams on our schedule? Yes we do, teams that historically have pounded us, but this is a different Cosby team and all we are saying is that we are excited about the POSSIBILITIES! We are not saying that we will win every game but we do feel that we have just as good a chance as whoever we are playing and thats never been the case before. So just go back and ride South Pitt's jock and stay the H#$% out of our buisness if you dont like whats going on here in C-Town! We know that going to Roan Mtn is a great task for any team, but if we bring our "A" game this should be a humdinger! GO EAGLES!!!!!!! ;)

Slim Jimmy saw Cosby play a couple of years ago and they play "soft", not physical. At South Pittsburg, we refer to that as muffins. Atleast I didn't call you a "roll". Slim Jimmy will make you Cosby people a deal, if Cosby beats Cloudland, you will graduate to a "biscuit". Slim Jimmy thinks there is no way that Cosby is going to win. Slim Jimmy is sticking to Cloudland wins by 10.

Cloudland is too tough of a place to play for Cosby.

WOW, I guess everyone who was upset that you called the Eagles muffins just needs to relax. You ARE the expert you claim to be...how couldn't you be? You saw Cosby playTWO years ago. And since nothing changes, like, oh I don't know coaching, players, pride...just to name a few...I guess you can base your opinion of Cosby football on your indepth, vast, "I saw them two years ago", football genius knowledge. :unsure: Bottom line Slim, Clownland may be the perinal power but times change, and I don't see the kids from Cosby playing like muffins. Beef says, "..." Oh no, the idiot's catching!!! I almost wrote a sentence in the third person. :thumb:

slim Jimmy will make you Cosby fans a deal. If Cosby beats Cloudland, you will graduate to a biscuit and Slim Jimmy will never call you a muffin again

Oh Boy, Oh Boy, I get a chance to be a biscuit! I can't play under this type of presure. I mean, a roll is one thing, but to be a biscuit, WOW! I'm allready getting butterflys. I really appreciate that chance Mr. Jibberish, and I promise I won't let you down.

I,d shoot for something a little bigger, biscuits get eat, are you boys ready for some football. I have a feeling the ole Coach will have you ready. He seems to like this stuff. IF Cosby can stay undefeated until the Hampton game, there will be 30 pages on the boards.

Edited by pujo