BIG NEWS FROM CENTENNIAL

c-c-chs08

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What hatred does Johnson have towards the Franklin staff? Johnson left and lost, what's there to be mad about? The only people that should be mad are the ones that Johnson convinced to go assist him at Giles County.Heleft them hung out to dry, except Nowell. I hope Johnson returns, it adds even more excitement to a great Region.

All these names, many recycled over again.

Johnson/Nowell (I think it's a partnership for a couple of more years) would be a good start. Daniels would be interesting, but I'm afraid he has too much baggage to make another move to a 5-A school. Blade is a bit questionable. Some Hillsboro connections of mine call him arrogant beyond his California background. Seemed okay to me, though, as a coach.

And what about Rector...maybe the best "up and coming" coach in the state who obviously knows how to start a program from scratch.

Bottom line....the administration will screw this up. After four years, I have absolutely no confidence that Schrader understands nor appreciates athletics and the role they play in education. I'm not sure he understands much of anything. Just a personal impression.

VI

Johnson/Nowell (I think it's a partnership for a couple of more years) would be a good start. Daniels would be interesting, but I'm afraid he has too much baggage to make another move to a 5-A school. Blade is a bit questionable. Some Hillsboro connections of mine call him arrogant beyond his California background. Seemed okay to me, though, as a coach.

And what about Rector...maybe the best "up and coming" coach in the state who obviously knows how to start a program from scratch.

Bottom line....the administration will screw this up. After four years, I have absolutely no confidence that Schrader understands nor appreciates athletics and the role they play in education. I'm not sure he understands much of anything. Just a personal impression.

VI

VI,

Good post. Since I hear that technically Gregory is still the AD, does Schrader give him a say in the new coach and staff? Tough situation.

VI

This is a good post. Shrader doesn't care about athletics. I have heard him say it and I have heard other people say the same thing about Shrader. I hope that the administration doesn't screw this up b/c there are a great deal of athletes that need sports to carry them into college. I feel sorry for chs b/c of the standard that has been set for the school as far as sports and athletics go. The coach that comes in needs to try and sway the administration to put more effort into athletics like the effort they put in for test scores. Good Luck to CHS and the athletic department, It's an "uphill battle" all the way.

This is a good post. Shrader doesn't care about athletics. I have heard him say it and I have heard other people say the same thing about Shrader. I hope that the administration doesn't screw this up b/c there are a great deal of athletes that need sports to carry them into college. I feel sorry for chs b/c of the standard that has been set for the school as far as sports and athletics go. The coach that comes in needs to try and sway the administration to put more effort into athletics like the effort they put in for test scores. Good Luck to CHS and the athletic department, It's an "uphill battle" all the way.

Again, Shrader probably will have the final say, but it will be Lifsey and Gregory(Still the AD) that does most of the legwork.

About Johnson, Centennial has way more potential than BGA. Centennial has a lot better talent and if I know Johnson, he will be attracted more to a program on the rise.

Again, Shrader probably will have the final say, but it will be Lifsey and Gregory(Still the AD) that does most of the legwork.

About Johnson, Centennial has way more potential than BGA. Centennial has a lot better talent and if I know Johnson, he will be attracted more to a program on the rise.

Program on the rise? CHS....that is for dang sure....since it cannot go any lower!

All this talk about Johnson is silly...here is a guy that left FHS (Because he did not get a cupcake teaching load like he wanted), went to Giles for some unknown reason before jumping ship to go to BGA (For the $$ and cupcake teaching load!).

I am sure CHS cannot match what Tim is being paid at BGA and all the teaching "benefits" that come along with it.

Tim is a great coach, but I also feel all this jumping around from program to program does not look real good either!

There will usually be attractive possibilities year after year. I would think that too much jumping around as a head coach could hurt a career long term.

A coach would not want a reputation of leaving after a year or two on a regular basis.

I could be wrong, but I think Johnson will stay at BGA. He knew the program and the athletes before he took the job. He has great facilities and whatever he needs is basically provided. His JV team this year looked awesome. Lots of talent. He and his staff are very well liked by the school, and I think BGA will do whatever necessary to keep him right where he is.

Again, I could be very wrong. For the sake of BGA I hope he stays where he is! What an great coach and a super nice guy!!!

He didn't know BGA was going to move to DII and have to compete with BA, MBA, etc. They were not upfront with him about that and I don't blame him for leaving if he does. Centennial could be a gold mine for the right coach. I still say keep an eye on Coach Palmer. He will get players out. But whoever gets it they will only be as good as the assistant coaches they bring in.

I also heard that coach Finney resigned his position at CHS as well.

Edited by cowboys