William Blount at Dobyns Bennett

TG24

:blink:

I'm a Gov fan, and, if they do come out as cocky as Art did, then William Blount will beat them. I hope everyone from Kingsport keeps taking the Govs lightly, because, they'll be in for a shock come Friday night. Spread the word, Art.

Do you really think that Coach Clark and the DB players are not taking this game seriously? Come on..if you want to make that the excuse if WB wins then OK and if you want to create some feeling that no one gives the Govs respect then OK. If that is what gets you fired up then do it...even if it is dead wrong. I'm sure players/coaches/fans (with exceptions) are giving WB all the respect if only because it is the playoffs and every week it is win or done. With that being said it doesn't mean DB fans should have to not be able to give there opinion of what they think should happen or what they hope happens. But don't expect any bulletin board material to hang up if that is what you are hoping for :D

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Do you really think that Coach Clark and the DB players are not taking this game seriously? Come on..if you want to make that the excuse if WB wins then OK and if you want to create some feeling that no one gives the Govs respect then OK. If that is what gets you fired up then do it...even if it is dead wrong. I'm sure players/coaches/fans (with exceptions) are giving WB all the respect if only because it is the playoffs and every week it is win or done. With that being said it doesn't mean DB fans should have to not be able to give there opinion of what they think should happen or what they hope happens. But don't expect any bulletin board material to hang up if that is what you are hoping for <_<

I'm fairly sure that Coach Clark and the DB players are taking WB seriously, however, you have to remember that these are 16-18 year old kids, some of them may be looking past a fourth seed. How could I use that as an excuse if WB wins? I don't think that the Govs have to have DB take this lightly and look past us to win, take us as seriously as you want, we can still win this game. We don't need bulletin board material to win either, along with any other motivation or lack of seriousness from DB.

I am a DB fan and I don't take WB lightly, but several on here do. they are apparently too close to the team. coaches will hopefully not let the team think like there family does on this issue.

I think you're right, Coach Clark will probably have the players in the right mindset come Friday, but, if they think like Art does and some others (which I really doubt they will), it could come back and bite them.

And what team are you a fan of? I would like to know so I can follow there progress since they (unlike DB) are a shoe in for a gold ball

I do not have a "TEAM" that I follow. I'm just a sports fan that will tell you what I think. How many times have the tribe fans been disappointed in recent years thinking they could win the state. They just can't seem to get over the hump. Maybe this is "THEIR YEAR", but I don't think so.

Good Luck!!!!

It's FINALLY time to start this thread! The Govs go up to Kingsport to take on the #1 Dobyns Bennett Indians. One of the biggest 1 vs. 4 matchups of the entire playoffs, this one should be another classic. Govs fans probably remember in 2001 when William Blount took on a 10-0 Dobyns Bennett squad, that game ended up in one of the biggest wins in WB history, a great upset for the Govs. Can WB do it again? Dobyns Bennett is a great team this year, and I agree with their number one ranking. It will be an enormous challenge for the Govs, but, if we come out strong and keep it a game, WB has the talent this year to pull out the upset. More thoughts, opinions, comments?

Was that the game the QB (name?) got knocked out about 3 times and kept coming back like Jason in Friday the 13th? What an effort and what a show! If that was the game, that yong man did EVERYTHING! I hope he doesnt have any younger brothers! DB should win, but if the Govs keep it close, watch out! :lol:

I am a tried and true fan of the Big East and I will be rooting for all 4 teams to advance to the next round. That being said, I think we need to be realistic. Region 2 is much stronger and deeper than Region 1. Has been this way for a few years now. DB does not have the benefit of an easy #1 vs. #4 matchup. Every game from here on out will be difficult. I do not question DB's talent, but I do have a couple of concerns. First, I do not think DB has played a tough schedule. The only win of significance this year would be against a solid Sevier County squad. The win against Oak Ridge (QB healthy or not) does not count as impressive this year. OR was way down this year, and IMHO did not post a quality win all season. The defense for DB is very good and should keep them in games. I do question whether their offense is good enough to win against a quality opponent. They are very vanilla on offense, not to mention conservative. The offense will have to step it up significantly if they are going to make a run deep into the playoffs.

I do not have a "TEAM" that I follow. I'm just a sports fan that will tell you what I think. How many times have the tribe fans been disappointed in recent years thinking they could win the state. They just can't seem to get over the hump. Maybe this is "THEIR YEAR", but I don't think so.

Good Luck!!!!

I'm assuming you are not a Braves fan then if you think fans are disappointed with not winning championships after great years.

All fans of all teams from the east half of the state other than Riverdale have been disappointed in recent years. That is not only a DB phenomenon. Every team goes out thinking this is the year....but in the end there will be only one winner.

Was that the game the QB (name?) got knocked out about 3 times and kept coming back like Jason in Friday the 13th? What an effort and what a show! If that was the game, that yong man did EVERYTHING! I hope he doesnt have any younger brothers! DB should win, but if the Govs keep it close, watch out! <_<

Gov Fans: Was that MacMahan that he is speaking of, or am I mistaken?

Red Rebels,

I am a D-B fan, but can answer that question for you - YES.- it was McMahan...and he was magnificent...22 tackles, kicked off, punted, returned kicks, returned punts, quarterbacked, drove the bus, sold popcorn, and turned out the lights...best individual performance I have ever seen...I think the Governors were 6-6 that year, the six wins he played in, the six losses he didn't...very impressive.

Roll Tribe Roll