AND THE 2007 1A STATE CHAMPION IS......

FridayMainEvent

Mount Pleasant will return Mr. Football Marco Dailey along with most all of this years starters. They just might be the most dangerous team in 1A next year. But face it folks the champion will most likely be another private school. Im not trying to drag this into debate, but just be realistic. :lol:

Tennessean article quote:

Ten high school football teams will play for five state championships in the TSSAA Division I BlueCross Bowl this weekend in Murfreesboro.

At least one of the 2006 champions, and possibly as many as three, will be private schools. In just the second year the second year of the enrollment multiplier, private schools are still enjoying extraordinary success on the state’s athletic venues.

With six of this weekend’s 10 finalists from private schools, questions still looms as to whether the playing fields have been leveled and why private schools are so successful.

“In public schools overall there are right around 30 percent of students participating in athletics,” TSSAA Executive Director Ronnie Carter said in offering a partial explanation.

“In non-public schools that percentage is between 65-70 percent.”

Good post Greeny. mTp will be the most dangerous team to watch out for next year. mTp hasn't made it to the quarter finals for the previous 2 years and the semi final this year because they are a fluke, it has been because of great coaching and great athletes. mTp will be there in the end of 2007. Returning all of their best play makers with a great years experience under them, you can bet your bottom dollar these boys have learned a lot and will be even better next year...GO TIGERS!!!!!

As far as the private/public thing.

mTp went to the quarter finals in '04,'05, losing to DCA in' 04, and Jo Byrns in '05.

mTp went to the semi finals in '06, losing to JCS.

DCA went on and won the state in '04.

JCS went on to win the state in '06.

That's 2 out of 3 losing to privates, so you can imagine how we feel about the private/public thing, but I will probably go on and keep my thoughts to myself just as I have and let those odds speak for themselves.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's early and alot can change...but based on my limited knowledge I would pick the semi on this end of the state to be MP and TCA...to win TCA has to stop the run...Dailey is for real...call him a one man show if you like but he is the best one man show in the state...to win MP must do better at stopping the pass...TCA will have a loaded WR core and a QB who is very good...it's almost 12 months away...but that is the key if these two meet based on this yrs teams...the key is who will get ready between now and then...don't know as much about the east side of the state...South Pittsburg is always strong...Trousedale County is also...I would say if Friendship Christian isn't losing too many players they will likely be in the hunt along with Jo Byrns...

Jo Byrns is on the west side of the state...

I don't think FC makes it past G'ville next year. They will be good.

Any of you G'ville fans know if you are playing Jasper ( Marion County) in week 0? That's what was posted on another thread

I saw that in the thread, but I am not 100% sure. I am really out of the loop when it comes to most of this stuff...

I don't think FC makes it past G'ville next year. They will be good.

Any of you G'ville fans know if you are playing Jasper ( Marion County) in week 0? That's what was posted on another thread

I saw that in the thread, but I am not 100% sure. I am really out of the loop when it comes to most of this stuff...

Hampton should be a improved team next season, and to even think about leaving out Trouusdale would be a big mistake. Friendship will be back ,two starters were out for them at the end of the season and I hear they have a stud transfer from Lebanon. With the success this season ,its untelling who may deside to play for them next season. They have good dedicated kids who will work with everything they've got ,they know they were close. The one thing I could see hurting them would be possible injuries, their schedule could be a tough one. I doubt any chumps will give them a game. The west is hard to tell. Edited by pujo

Mount Pleasant will return Mr. Football Marco Dailey along with most all of this years starters. They just might be the most dangerous team in 1A next year. But face it folks the champion will most likely be another private school. Im not trying to drag this into debate, but just be realistic. :thumb:

Tennessean article quote:

Ten high school football teams will play for five state championships in the TSSAA Division I BlueCross Bowl this weekend in Murfreesboro.

At least one of the 2006 champions, and possibly as many as three, will be private schools. In just the second year the second year of the enrollment multiplier, private schools are still enjoying extraordinary success on the state’s athletic venues.

With six of this weekend’s 10 finalists from private schools, questions still looms as to whether the playing fields have been leveled and why private schools are so successful.

“In public schools overall there are right around 30 percent of students participating in athletics,” TSSAA Executive Director Ronnie Carter said in offering a partial explanation.

“In non-public schools that percentage is between 65-70 percent.”

Good post Greenman. I disagree with some about the public and private deal. With the multiplier there shouldn't be much reason the larger 1A schools shouldn't compete with the privates. Yes the smaller public schools will have trouble but they should have trouble with the larger 1A schools also. I hate to say it but I believe in a lot of cases the "Private" issue is used as an excuse for not working hard enough and wanting an easier road. I'm not saying that some privates don't have some advantages but it's nothing that public schools with 350 - 400 kids shouldn't be able to overcome or at least compete with.

I agree with you and bigbigby that MP should be a good football team again this year but alot of it will depend on how much work the line, and the rest of the team puts in this summer. If they don't get stronger and faster they may be in for another heartbreak next year. I have no doubt they have the talent and size. My only questions is will they rest on their laurels because of their success or will they work even harder and try to build up the winning tradition that has been started at MP. I hope the latter.

Also "bigby" don't forget the year that DCA beat us we also beat 2 privates (CPA and FRA) before that, so we can play with these guys.

Edited by MPTigerT

Hampton should be a improved team next season, and to even think about leaving out Trouusdale would be a big mistake. Friendship will be back ,two starters were out for them at the end of the season and I hear they have a stud transfer from Lebanon. With the success this season ,its untelling who may deside to play for them next season. They have good dedicated kids who will work with everything they've got ,they know they were close. The one thing I could see hurting them would be possible injuries, their schedule could be a tough one. I doubt any chumps will give them a game. The west is hard to tell.

pujo, thanks for the comment. maybe we can keep a low profile..