Temple

1) I don't have to adress this we both know SP is good-

[/color] You are the one who questioned how good SP was when talking about Tyner. Or was it the other you? How many of you are in there?

2) it would appear Boyd has a tough schedule I agree- however- that is why they will AT BEST be 500 this year going 5-5 and they could be 4-6 who cares how tough you're schedule is when you can't win or barely win half your games and get beat in the 1st or 2nd round YOU ARE NOT GOOD!

I didn't claim we were good (we may or may not be), I was addressing YOUR statement that Boyd and Tyner's schedules weren't tough. How is it that you don't understand a simple logic chain?

You give team names and then talk about how good they WERE like Meigs (4th in their region- who cares if they were region champs last year- everyone knows "last year" means nothing- just ask temple) or that they have 1 good player at QB or TB or whatever- it DOESNOT MATTER

LOL! I broke this one up so we could talk about consistency. You are the one who said the 2a region is weak based on past history, not me. I was and am responding to your arguments, so if past history doesn't matter, why did you bring it up? NOW look at the second half of YOUR paragraph...past history argument maybe? You contradict yourself in the same paragraph... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And you continue to do it for 3 more...

- they are terrible Marion, Bledsoe and Sequatchie are consistently awful- Sequatchie got beat by bad single a schools last year and will probably do the same this year- Bledsoe should have lost to us and we might be 3rd in our region...single a-

Tyner was top 4 2 years ago is the best you got...period.

don't even bring up smith county- they got beat by trousdale - and trousdale got beat by temple.... SP destroyed Boyd last year- and SP got beat 53-20 by temple and didn't even win 1 playoff game vs. the #3 in the other region...

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

and you are exactly right that rankings and mid season polls mean nothing- and don't tell me about good vs. bad teams- good teams are teams that win when in matters- and in the last 10 years chattanooga 2A football has had 1 school win the state title and that same school finish top 4 two years ago and that is it!!

Actually, 2 teams have won state in the last 10 years, one has lost twice in OT and been in the final four yet another time. But we were 1a when we did that. Again, I will consider your opinion once your team is good enough to visit Murfreesboro. Until then I'm gonna go with 22 years' experience because you really don't have the background to determine which teams are good or bad. You seem to be a half-empty kind of person, interpreting all things as negatively as possibe. Perhaps you should get a new and happier outlook on life in general and Football in particular.

This year 9-18 so far...with 3 wins against 1a teams (grace-2 whitwell) and a 3 losses against a 1a team... LV beat bledsoe and SP beat Tyner and whitwell beat Sequatchie-

Now I think I understand. You see, Football isn't Soccer. There are 5 classes which means that the difference in 1a and 2a may just be a few students (I tried to make that point earlier but you ignored it). In Soccer, the difference between big and small schools may be hundreds and hundreds. So when 1a and 2a teams play each other the difference in enrollment is just a small factor among many...it gets larger as the difference in enrollment grows. So the fact that the 2a region seems to be even with the 1a so far doesn't mean anything in and of itsself as it would in Soccer. The fact that the top 2 or 3 teams in the 2a region are roughly equivalent to the top 2 or 3 in the 1a doesn't mean anything either...both could still be weak or strong.

p.s. I'm thinking what you consider a 'shellacking' most of us who are knowledgeable about Football see as a fumble.

Region 3 is a BAD 2A region- not the worst maybe but competing for the bottom...

Actually, the East in general is strong in 2a. The best West teams have not been competitive for the last few years with the best East teams. But, you really have no frame of reference as your team is new and 1a. Get some playoff games under your belt, maybe a semi or final game or two, then we can talk.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't even bring up smith county- they got beat by trousdale - and trousdale got beat by temple.... SP destroyed Boyd last year- and SP got beat 53-20 by temple and didn't even win 1 playoff game vs. the #3 in the other region...

This year 9-18 so far...with 3 wins against 1a teams (grace-2 whitwell) and a 3 losses against a 1a team... LV beat bledsoe and SP beat Tyner and whitwell beat Sequatchie-

Lets see where to start in correcting y ou. First off. where did you get that Smith Co. got beat by Trousedale Co.

2006, Smith Co. 35 Trousdale Co. 0

2007, Smith Co. 35 Trousdale Co. 0

Sure looks like Smith Co. got beat by them doesn't it.

South Pitt destroyed Boyd. Were you at the game? Did you see the same game I saw? It was 19-14. South Pitt ran the ball and controlled the clock the whole 4th quarter. Was a great drive by them. Don't think South Pitt destroyed Boyd, but Boyd sure did abuse Grace. That is being destroyed.

To get away from the 2A debate and back to topic of the thread.....Temple is attending the first step hearing with the TSSAA today about noon. This hearing is with Ronnie Carter and 3 of the Board of Control members. Temple will present it's defense of the violations it was served notice on. Carter, with input from the 3 Board members, will then decide on the final violations (with or without modification) along with penalities. Temple can then appeal to the full board if they so chose. I would expect to hear the results soon

To get away from the 2A debate and back to topic of the thread.....Temple is attending the first step hearing with the TSSAA today about noon. This hearing is with Ronnie Carter and 3 of the Board of Control members. Temple will present it's defense of the violations it was served notice on. Carter, with input from the 3 Board members, will then decide on the final violations (with or without modification) along with penalities. Temple can then appeal to the full board if they so chose. I would expect to hear the results soon

does the decision also come today?

There's an article on the front page of today's Chatt. sports section. I'd be interested in reactions. I'm thinking many are going to feel somewhat dissatisfied.

And the verdicts: guilty on the spring-practice issue and the Chastain tuition issue. Penalties: one-year probation without postseason restrictions for all sports (plus $1k fine), two-year probation with no postseason allowed for football (that carries a $2k fine), forfeit three wins from last season (plus a $100 fine for each), stripped of the region title, and must repay the $1,014 share it got from the first-round playoff game (which is curious, since even after forfeiting two games, they would at worst have been third and still qualified).

so I guess Eric larson didnt practice with the team in the spring before he enrolled. For awhile that was an issue discussed. I am sure they looked into that as well.

Temple was found guilty of allowing two players not enrolled at the school to practice with the football team in the spring of 2007 and one player not enrolled to practice in the spring of 2006. Also, while he was an unpaid assistant football coach last season, Scott Chastain paid no tuition for his son, an eighth-grader who played in three games

(This is quoted from the Times-Free Press article)

I believe that the player in 06 was Erik Larson. What I don't know is how the TSSAA did not interpret the spring practice as a violation of the recruiting rule due to the contact that occured between the players in question and the coaches while the students were not yet students at Temple.